Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My weekend cooks, spaghetti sauce, short ribs, ribs and butts. Also a cutie patootie.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My weekend cooks, spaghetti sauce, short ribs, ribs and butts. Also a cutie patootie.

Hehehe, dats me baby girl Julie. Love her to pieces. Man, I got lots done this weekend. I love making me homemade spaghetti sauce so I made a big batch. I put it in large and small freezer bags then lay them on a baking sheet and put in the freezer. Once they are frozen I stack them up and remove the baking sheet.

I also had some awesome beef short ribs so I mixed lots of fresh veggies, bay leaves, fresh thyme bundle, beef stock, can of whole tomatoes, a can of tomato paste.

Seared the meat then deglazed the pan with red wine, seared the veggies then cooked it on me Primo. I wanted to save it to make short rib ravioli. Didn't happen. Friend stopped by and we devoured it.

Today I did two racks of spares and two butts. The ribs were kinda weird. The bones were at an odd angle and made it hard to cut them. I also didn't get a smoke ring either. They were very tasty. I finished them on the grill over hot coals to get a little char. Love me some char.

The butts are still foiled. I'll add a pic of them later. Hugs to all me smoking buddies!

Food looks yummy and your kitty looks just like my little cat sally.
    Chargriller Pro w. sfb
    Ducane 4100 propane grill
    Brinkman Electric

Member # 200

Comment

Girl you just don't stop, do you? Freakin' incredible posts lately. Damn!
      Lang 36 Patio, a few Webers, 2 Eggs, plenty of gadgets and a MES 40 Gen 2.5 electric for bacon and sausage.
      My best asset however is the inspiration from the members on this forum.

sigpic
      @SmokinJim52 on Twitter

Comment

Bravo on the shorties, Mizz S. Very nice, very french, very nice to french? Pasta sauce...do you toss in a bone or three? Just wondering.

I HATE ribs like that. It's just a PITA to get them cut right. Last comp we did I think every slab came from a "Jerry's pig"

(OK - it WAS a joke, folks..relax...)
        In God I trust- All others pay cash...
        Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
        Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Girl, you sure do alot of fine cookin for one little ol squirrel. Man that looks good.

Comment

Wow, that is some killer, rich looking sauce!
            sigpic

Comment

It all looks good!

Comment

Nice, Cheryl! Looks like it was a great weekend! That sauce looks wonderful!!! Love to Julie!!
                Becky

https://www.facebook.com/jennie.r.smith.77?ref=tn_tnmn

Weber 22.5" One Touch Gold Kettle - Black
                Weber 22.5" One Touch Gold Kettle - Copper
                1993 Weber 22.5" Master Touch Kettle - Red
                Weber 18.5" One Touch Silver Kettle - Budweiser
                Weber Smokey Joe
                Multiple Dutch Ovens and other Cast Iron
                Pink Thermapen
                Purple Thermapen

Comment

Sweet...I am in full scale canning....Probably have 1200 in sunroom waiting for processing....

Comment

Man, Woman, You Rock
                    sigpic

Comment

Does this spaghettis sauce come with a recipe ..... Have you ever canned it Cheryl?
                      sigpic

Comment

[QUOTE=Squirrel;249329 I finished them on the grill over hot coals to get a little char. Love me some char.

[/QUOTE]

you said the magic word... you are now an official member of the E-Fish BBQteam!!!

Originally posted by Fishawn View Post
                        Does this spaghettis sauce come with a recipe ..... Have you ever canned it Cheryl?
                        Scott, those two questions are me thoughts exactly... what say ya Cheryl? purdy plz on the recipie... and have you canned it?
                        Charbroil SFB
                        GOSM
                        MES
                        Dutch Ovens and other CI
                        Little Chief, Big Chief, No Name water smoker
                        Weber 22" gold, Smokey Joe, WSM 22"

Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head

sigpic

Comment

Yes I can it sometimes. I just had extra freezer space which is unusual for me . Usually in the fall I'll do a triple batch and jar it up. Here's my recipe:

1 - Tbsp. olive oil
                          2-3 garlic cloves finely minced
                          1/2 to 1 cup finely minced yellow onion (depends on how much you like, I go about 3/4 cup)
                          1 Tbs. dried basil leaves*
                          1 Tbs. dried parsley leaves*
                          1.5 tsp. dried oregano*
                          2 Tbs. Lawry's garlic salt blend
                          S & CBP to taste
                          2 (28 ounce) cans crushed tomatoes (use a good quality - I use Muir Glen)
                          1 (28 ounce) cans tomato sauce
                          28-30 ounces tomato paste (28 oz. if your store carries that size, if not use 5 of the 6 oz. cans for 30 oz.)
                          1/4 c granulated sugar

* I have tried fresh herbs in this recipe and it just doesn't work for me. I had to use sooooo much to get the flavor and it ended up being lots of green leaves in me teeth. Changed the texture completely.

Sautee onions and garlic, add in everything else. Simmer on low for 2 hours stirring and scraping the bottom occasionally.

This is my favorite sauce recipe. I don't even try others anymore! Soooo easy peezie too.

Comment

Hot damn Cheryl, that is outstanding!! I'm movin in dammit!!

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Working...
                            X