Deer Jerky & Summer Sausage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deer Jerky & Summer Sausage

Just wanted to share some pics. I smoked some jerky and summer sausage over the weekend. Jerky took 2 hours @ 220 degrees and summer sausage took about 4 @ 235 degrees.

Xpress23
    Attached Files

Looks great except now my neck hurts.
    Lang 36 Patio, a few Webers, 2 Eggs, plenty of gadgets and a MES 40 Gen 2.5 electric for bacon and sausage.
    My best asset however is the inspiration from the members on this forum.

sigpic
    @SmokinJim52 on Twitter

Comment

Good looking jerky & sausages
      what brand of smoker is that ?

And my yeah my chiropracter will be in touch with the bill
      Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
      Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

Jerkey at 220? How did that turn out for ya...

Love me some venison jerky
        Craig
        sigpic

Comment

Sorry about the pics......Drink a six pack and I'll bet your neck won't hurt anymore.

The jerky comes out great everytime! I actually use the Hi Mountain Org. jerky seasoning. We found this to be our favorite.

The smoker is homemade from an old Philco fridge. For a heat source I use a burner from a turkey fryer. Works better then I ever expected.

Xpress23

Comment

Since you are using a cure... I's suggest going lower on temps for the jerky. I bet you'll like it even more around 130-150 and a few more hours... even down to 120-ish. It's worth it
            In God I trust- All others pay cash...
            Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
            Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll give that a try. What's the benefit?

xpress23

Comment

Working...
              X