W&B Roasted Pepper Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• W&B Roasted Pepper Project

Finally time to get at roasting the peppers this year. Me and Bassman pitched in and joined forces to tackle the anaheims. Pab's are waiting to go full ancho, and the japs and cayenne... well we ran outta time!

First picking - right at nine buckets - here's some of them.

Nice peppers this year - these were a good average of what we picked today. Very uniform, decent size, and very meaty.

FIRE!!

One batch roasted.

Had a great time with Mr and Mrs Bassman today and put lots a goodness in both of our freezers... well most of it!

Here's what we for a snack - roasted green chili casadia with some smoked, double sauced extra spicy wing bones on the fine china!

Thanks for checking out our pepper roast.
    Tracey

Looks good. I like Anaheims. Oh and it be spelled Quesadilla(I think)!

Comment

Thanks again, Tracey! Those have excellent flavor and the wings were outstanding. Tracey also fixed me up with a bunch of bell peppers and tomatoes. That's a right nice garden you have there.
      sigpic
      Smoke Vault 24

Comment

That looks fantastic! I can't say I've ever seen a wheelbarrow full of peppers before. Nice go at it!

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by gmotoman View Post
          Looks good. I like Anaheims. Oh and it be spelled Quesadilla(I think)!
          Yo G... if you're the spelling POlice, you'll have a full time job following me around....

Saw a great T-shirt last weekend..

Bad Spellers of America...
          UNTIE!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bassman View Post
            Thanks again, Tracey! Those have excellent flavor and the wings were outstanding. Tracey also fixed me up with a bunch of bell peppers and tomatoes. That's a right nice garden you have there.
            Your welcome, Pard, thanks for all of the help and thanks for the load of fresh herbs - the fridge smells awesome!!

Comment

didnt have any prollems with the title eh.... no arguing on B & W, W & B, etc... love that pepper roaster a yours Tracey!!! looks like another great harvest!
              Charbroil SFB
              GOSM
              MES
              Dutch Ovens and other CI
              Little Chief, Big Chief, No Name water smoker
              Weber 22" gold, Smokey Joe, WSM 22"

Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head

sigpic

Comment

I love the smell of roasting peppers.. Looks great guys.. I bet you had a heck of a good time..
                Ken

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

Comment

You guys are at it again!
                  Great harvest for ya...
                  Mine is gonna suck due to the weather...oh well...
                  Craig
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by WALLE View Post
                    Yo G... if you're the spelling POlice, you'll have a full time job following me around....

Saw a great T-shirt last weekend..

Bad Spellers of America...
                    UNTIE!!
                    I said "I Think"
                    Great idea for a t-shirt!
                    And if you have seen my youth police record you'd know I can't be a cop.

Comment

Nice work Tracey & Keith.....
                      sigpic

Comment

I knew what you meant.. Looks good to me..!
                        Ken

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

Comment

Great job........i am just starting to roast here(lost lots to stinkbugs)....

Comment

I've never had that many peppers before to try it!! Looks pretty good from my stand point!!
                            www.nopigleftbehind.com
                            -----------------------------

Comment

love those green chilis. here they have started harvesting them. should have them in stores and roasting by wensday.
                              was in Hatch the month of june where I buy my chili's and roast them. the farmers wife told me that the lack of rain here. had caused most farmers to have well's drilled as irrigation was not happening this year. and to flood the fields with water took several days of running diesle powered pumps. and with the cost of D. fuel the price of the chilis would go up almost 3x's. may not eat any this year.:-(

some thing we like to do with them after roasting

saute some onion and garlic then add beef broth cut green chilis length wise leaving most seeds (cut into long strips) add them to broth and simmer 45 minutes. add salt and black pepper to simmering chilis to tatse.
                              we like this on meats and eggs.
                              sigpicWal-Mart shopping cart undergoing heavy mods.
                              nano second fast camo titanium splash proof thermo pen

need a larger spatula for early morning road kill removal.

As the venomous south American hissing skunk rat is growing fast and needs larger portions.

Comment

Working...
                              X