Contest results - Franklin, NC (KCBS)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Contest results - Franklin, NC (KCBS)

Not as good a showing as last year but still a good time and still learning stuff. We were tied for 25th or as the score shows 26th out of 52 cookers. Our best was 16th in pork. Bad storm came just after the last turnin. Thinking we mightt do the Dillard and Franklin contest next year as they are a weekend apart and about 15 miles from each other.....make a whole week out of it.
    www.nopigleftbehind.com
    -----------------------------

What were your "taste" scores Vs the other team... that's the tie-breaker in KCBS... I thought?

Hey... it's in the top half... that's a good thing!
    In God I trust- All others pay cash...
    Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
    Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

I have a buddy that lives in Franklin, cool

Comment

Originally posted by Richtee View Post
        What were your "taste" scores Vs the other team... that's the tie-breaker in KCBS... I thought?

Hey... it's in the top half... that's a good thing!
        Rich, you could very well be right about that. I can only see our individual scores by judge but, you see the total scores of all the teams. We had two perfect scores in brisket, which I thought wasn't as good as it could have been. The brisket was ordered but didn't realize until I picked it up it was only 9 lbs. Was done about 5 hours ahead of where I thought it would be. I really need to work more on timing. We did great on pork and chicken timing. Was ahead on ribs as well. These were smaller than normal sized ribs than the last time. No excuses, I should know better and need to work on those items.
        www.nopigleftbehind.com
        -----------------------------

Comment

Not a total washout.... Still respectful for that many teams.. Re-group.. And try again..
          Ken

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

Comment

Hopefully we can meet up one day at a comp.....We did Hogfest last year in NC in spring....We will do 10-12 this year just in this area(maryland,deleware,virginia and pennsylvania)....Always enjoy the carolina comps....

Comment

Working...
            X