3-2-1 / 2-2-1 / 2-1-1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3-2-1 / 2-2-1 / 2-1-1

We get a lot of new folks asking about the 3-2-1 , 2-2-1 or 2-1-1 method for smoking ribs. Smoker temperatures are normally in the neighborhood of 225* for this method.

The first number is how long the ribs are in the smoker unwrapped. (Trimmings are on the top shelf)

The second number is how long the ribs are wrapped in fiol in the smoker.

And the last number is how long the ribs are in the smoker unwrapped again.

By the way, these ribs were sprayed with apple juice once and hour during the first phase and smoked last weekend using apple wood, cherry wood and dried pineapple rinds . Then more pineapple rind was used for smoke and they were glazed with Habanero Pineapple Texas Pepper Jelly during the final phase. Mmmmmmmm.

So 3-2-1 = 6 hours for spare ribs, 2-2-1 = 5 hours for baby back ribs (also called loin back ribs) or 2-1-1 = 4 hours for baby back ribs (depending on how you like them).
    sigpicWal-Mart shopping cart undergoing heavy mods.
    nano second fast camo titanium splash proof thermo pen

need a larger spatula for early morning road kill removal.

As the venomous south American hissing skunk rat is growing fast and needs larger portions.

By imn88fan

Comment

Originally posted by Bbq Bubba View Post

Lang 48 Patio | Brinkmann gourmet charcoal water smoker
      Yellow Thermapen | Maverick ET-73 | Maverick ET-72
      sigpic

Comment

dried pineapple rinds??? i gonna have to start savin them, we ocaisionally pick up a whole one at sams. never thought a using the rinds for smoking. will have to give that a go once!!!
        Charbroil SFB
        GOSM
        MES
        Dutch Ovens and other CI
        Little Chief, Big Chief, No Name water smoker
        Weber 22" gold, Smokey Joe, WSM 22"

Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head

sigpic

Comment

I myself am not a fan of the pineapple-Hawaiin flavor of anything. But a lot of people seem to be, even my own 2 grown boys. But, if they want it, they will have to do it in their smokers. Not in mine.
          sigpic

Comment

sounds like you got the 411...

sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X