what's easter all about

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what's easter all about

Luke 24 the angle asks the women who come to the tomb to put oil and spices on the body of Jesus "why do you seek the living among the dead" this seems an odd question because the last time they saw Jesus nicodemus and joseph of arimithea were burring his body. The truth that the angel declares to these women is the truth that delivers men and women from the penilty of sin "HE IS NOT HERE HE IS RISEN"
    Why did Jesus have to die ? one way to answer this question is to simply say the jews delivered Him to Pilate who gave Him to the romans to crucify. This answer is accurate but incomplete. Jesus had to die so He could satisfy the wrath of God aginst sin. Because God is Holy He is totally set apart from sin He can no more commit sin than He can overlook it. He is Just so ALL sin must be judged. Their are two options for the payment of sin #1 place your trust in Christ's finished work (which was accomplished on the cross) or #2 pay the penilty yourself (this is not a good option) in Hell forever
    Who is responsible for the crucifixion ? Acts 4: 27-28 does not excuse pilate herod or the jews but goes on to say something amazing. That the crucifixion was Gods plan. Isa 53 says it pleased God to bruise Him why would God take credit for the death of Christ
    John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. Joh 3:17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
    Joh 3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
    on this easter I remember the resurrection of My savour
    what should be our response to Christ's resurrection?
    what is Christ's invitation to you?
    What is the response in heaven when someone believes
    Happy easter
    Rev. Dennis Rodgers
    Please ignore all spelling errors and typos my pet monkey does all of my corespondence

Amen to that!!
    www.nopigleftbehind.com
    -----------------------------

Comment

Amen!
      Ken

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

Comment

Originally posted by PreacherRodgers View Post
        on this easter I remember the resurrection of My savour
        Amen. I remember it every first day of the week.

Tom

Comment

Jesus.gif May all be blessed as my family is. Louie & Mike.
          Sunset Eagle Aviation
          https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

Amen
            Pete
            Large BGE
            Char Broil Tru-Infrared Commercial series

Comment

nice post preacher!!!
              Charbroil SFB
              GOSM
              MES
              Dutch Ovens and other CI
              Little Chief, Big Chief, No Name water smoker
              Weber 22" gold, Smokey Joe, WSM 22"

Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head

sigpic

Comment

How 'bout explaining the egg, Preacher? Kind of related to my post in the "Thank you Navy Seals" thread. I ain't no theologian, but I know what I was taught. And SOME of it stands the test of time...or I mean - my life.
                In God I trust- All others pay cash...
                Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
                Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Nice Job preacher!

I can say Amen to option ONE! Can't figure out why anyone would take a chance on option TWO!points

Comment

amen
                    Mike
                    Oklahoma City
                    22.5 Generic (gettin ready to be dismantle for the Drum) Kettle Grill
                    Weber 22.5 Performer
                    GOSM 3405gw
                    Boomer Sooner Drum
                    Maverick ET-732
                    Various Cast Iron Skillets and Dutch Ovens
                    A-MAZE-N 6X6 Smoker

Comment

Amen, giving thanks and being humble.

Comment

Working...
                      X