Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Saturday left overs and a Sunday lunch...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saturday left overs and a Sunday lunch...

Saturday we did another brined chicken on the Weber kettle. Wife and I took the leg quarters for dinner with some baked potatoes on the side. Too busy to get pictures of that as we were grinding burger.
    Anyway, took the leftovers and chopped them up, added half a spanish onion, and 2 stalks of celery. About a tablespoon or so of the Mad Hunky I had left and a fair amount of mayo.

Baked up some buns. Didn't get the second rise as I wanted but still tasty.

Finished !

That looks outstanding..... I am outta points, but certainly worthy..... Chicken & sammy loook fantastic.... I'm a burger grinder meself.... What do you like to grind?
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Fishawn View Post
      That looks outstanding..... I am outta points, but certainly worthy..... Chicken & sammy loook fantastic.... I'm a burger grinder meself.... What do you like to grind?
      Just some sirloin. Our best place to get meat closes down one week per month for cleanup. Since they were out of burger I grabbed and 11 pound sirloin and hacked it up into pieces the grinder could handle. Firmed it up in the freezer a bit and the ground it. A little trimming was done prior to freezing. Their normal price for 90/10 is about $2.29 and we ended up around $2.49 but still a good price around here and we know whats in it too.

Comment

Originally posted by THE__DRIFTER View Post
        Just some sirloin. Our best place to get meat closes down one week per month for cleanup. Since they were out of burger I grabbed and 11 pound sirloin and hacked it up into pieces the grinder could handle. Firmed it up in the freezer a bit and the ground it. A little trimming was done prior to freezing. Their normal price for 90/10 is about $2.29 and we ended up around $2.49 but still a good price around here and we know whats in it too.
        Great prices..... Can't touch that here.... I recently ground some that I thought was gonna be about 90/10 and I think it was more like 75/25 .... Not what I wanted, but made some really good fried burgers..... I love me some burgers, BBQ'd or fried ..... I will keep a look out for sirloins on sale
        sigpic

Comment

ahh drifter... those chicken salad sammies look awesome! not only good tasting but great hot weather foodstuff!!! not to mention on homey biscuits!!!

makin me want to grille some chicken just for sammies!
          Charbroil SFB
          GOSM
          MES
          Dutch Ovens and other CI
          Little Chief, Big Chief, No Name water smoker
          Weber 22" gold, Smokey Joe, WSM 22"

Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head

sigpic

Comment

Using leftover chicken for sammies is the best!.... Toast up a bun or two.. Mmmmm
            Ken

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

Comment

Originally posted by Fishawn View Post
              Great prices..... Can't touch that here.... I recently ground some that I thought was gonna be about 90/10 and I think it was more like 75/25 .... Not what I wanted, but made some really good fried burgers..... I love me some burgers, BBQ'd or fried ..... I will keep a look out for sirloins on sale
              One benefit up here for our area is where we get a majority of our meat and a fair amount of our veggies. Most of the meat is locally grown and without hormones, etc... Vegetables are available in quantity which is nice since I like to freeze up quantities of whatever I can.

Comment

That's one fine looking sandwich, Drifter! I think I'd have at least one of those.
                sigpic
                Smoke Vault 24

Comment

Great looking chicken, and I love the sammie!!

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Brined chicken on the Weber kettle.
                    ?lbs leg quarters chopped up
                    1/2 Spanish onion,
                    2 stalks of celery.
                    1 tablespoon Mad Hunky
                    ? amount of mayo.
                    Care to clarify, fill in the ?s?
                    Sounds real good.........might need fresh ? Dijon....just sayin!
                    Mark
                    sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
                    Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

Comment

Originally posted by Mark R View Post
                      Brined chicken on the Weber kettle.
                      ?lbs leg quarters chopped up
                      1/2 Spanish onion,
                      2 stalks of celery.
                      1 tablespoon Mad Hunky
                      ? amount of mayo.
                      Care to clarify, fill in the ?s?
                      Sounds real good.........might need fresh ? Dijon....just sayin!
                      Was a five pound spatchcocked bird but was just the breast meat, skin, and other pieces. We ate the 2 quarters / thighs previously. My guess was around 3 pounds or so... Mayo was about 5 heaping tablespoons but enough to get a consistency you like. Dijon isn't a bad idea either with the mayo or without for something different.

Comment

THE__DRIFTER's Brined chicken on the Weber Kettle Salad.

3 lbs leg quarters chopped up (and grilled)
                        1/2 Spanish onion chopped fine,
                        2 stalks of celery chopped fine.
                        1 tablespoon Mad Hunky
                        5 tablespoons(+/-) of mayo.
                        ? Fresh Dijon
                        ? (1) tsp lime juice
                        - to be continued....
                        Mark
                        sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
                        Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

Comment

... ... ...

Comment

Working...
                          X