Pellets at Costco

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pellets at Costco

So I go rolling into Costco today, and every once in a while they have something that makes me go Hmmmmmm. They had 33 lb. bags of hickory pellets for $14.99. 1st time I've seen those. Don't know if that is a good price or not, but it was a giant bag of 'em. Think I may grab one just for future experiments...you know, a smoke generator and other fun with fire type of things.
    BBQ Eng.

The "Cow Girls" were adopted from the shelter, and found on petfinder.com.
    Adopt a homeless pet - http://www.petfinder.com
    I built the Iron Maiden - Iron Maiden Smoker Build

Over 5000 unreadable posts...Photobucket can kiss my ass...they will never get a dime. I will not pay a ransom.

Hmmm, seems reasonable enough... go for it!

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Sounds like a good price to me also....
      sigpic

Comment

$ 9.97 at my Costo ... Bear Mountain Pellets. 33 # per bag. Have 4 bags now ...

Comment

Originally posted by cajun_1 View Post
          $ 9.97 at my Costo ... Bear Mountain Pellets. 33 # per bag. Have 4 bags now ...
          Hey Tim, That's great! One trick about costco...if the price ends in 7 (9.97) they have it on clearance and are blowing it out. Maybe I'll wait a few weeks and see if they want to move 'em.
          BBQ Eng.

The "Cow Girls" were adopted from the shelter, and found on petfinder.com.
          Adopt a homeless pet - http://www.petfinder.com
          I built the Iron Maiden - Iron Maiden Smoker Build

Over 5000 unreadable posts...Photobucket can kiss my ass...they will never get a dime. I will not pay a ransom.

Comment

Originally posted by BBQ Engineer View Post
            Hey Tim, That's great! One trick about costco...if the price ends in 7 (9.97) they have it on clearance and are blowing it out. Maybe I'll wait a few weeks and see if they want to move 'em.

The price was $14.99 3 weeks ago ... not bad ... $15.99 for 20# Traeger pellets here ...

Comment

Originally posted by cajun_1 View Post
              The price was $14.99 3 weeks ago ... not bad ... $15.99 for 20# Traeger pellets here ...
              Did some lookin on the internet. Bout right $ wise. Got a good deal with the 33 lb bag!
              sigpic

Comment

Re:

I've been on various other cooking sites in the past where members did this
                "CARE PACKAGE" exchange thing.

They would send each other things they couldn't get in their region. I remember Eclipse Coffee Syrup from Rhode Island was very much wanted all over the country in those times. (I'd never even heard of it)

But to the point...with as many of us living all around the country where various woods for smoking grow.....It may be possible to load boxes with
                sticks of these woods to ground ship by the least expensive conveyance to other members.

Hickory grows common here and many other hardwoods. But there is no Mesquite, or Avocado here.

With a hatchet a person could make his own chips to smoke with.

Just a thought.
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gc1URQgQWNo

Comment

Working...
                X