T-H's Cowboy Beans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• T-H's Cowboy Beans

Poking around in the big freezer last night I found a brisket point vac packed and tucked away under some venison...

I thoughts to me self, I have not made my Cowboy beans in some time.. So for those of you that are newer to the site, let's go Ropin'...

Mmmmmmm Briskey...

Players for this affair are.....

2 cups or 1 pound pinto beans
    1/2 lb. Ground or cubed venison (Or 2 Cups 1/2"x1/2" Smoked Brisket)
    1 8oz. Can Tomato Sauce
    4 Slices chopped bacon (Fat reserved)
    1 Med. Chopped white onion or about 2 Cups.
    6 Cups water
    1 TBS salt
    2 Cloves Garlic minced
    1 TBS chili powder
    1/2 Tsp Cumin
    1/2 Tsp Oregano

Let the beans soak overnight...

All the the role players... I guess it would help if I added the Bacon and the Garlic to the pics.. WTF..

I will follow up in a few hours when it's finished..
    Ken

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

All the the role players... I guess it would help if I added the Bacon and the Garlic to the pics.. WTF..

Lone star? or Shiner bock? :)

These are tastey! cowboy up!

The only one on the block with the super fastest turbo charged

Comment

Really tho..altho everything is better with bacon... is it really needed with a smoked point in the mix?

Well, OK - sure it is... but?
      In God I trust- All others pay cash...
      Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
      Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Well a big ol yippie yo ki yay. Love beans in all ways. look great.

Comment

'Ol T-H been busy lately.... I like it.... Natty up and get em going... Gonna be good!
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Bbqgoddess View Post

Lone star? or Shiner bock? :)

These are tastey! cowboy up!

I rarely add beer to my beans... The beer is for the cook..
            Ken

Comment

Originally posted by Texas-Hunter View Post
              As long as something (one) gets "lubricated".
              It is about that time, beerthirty!
              Mark
              sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
              Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

Comment

My point exactly... perhaps thats why you forgot all the players in the pix... just sayin' 61 days over 100... lots o' beer drinking going on in TX! Anyhow, which one do you like the bestest out of the two? I can only find Shiner out here... :(

Comment

My point exactly... perhaps thats why you forgot all the players in the pix... just sayin' 61 days over 100... lots o' beer drinking going on in TX! Anyhow, which one do you like the bestest out of the two? I can only find Shiner out here... :(

If I had to pick one it would be Shiner Light Blonde .... Lone Star is some nasty ass stuff..
                  Ken

Comment

If I had to pick one it would be Shiner Light Blonde .... Lone Star is some nasty ass stuff..
                    Damn... Shiner Light Blonde? argh.... gonna have to special request that one! Ken have you tried any of the St Arnolds beers? their Elissa IPA is my favorite.. they dont sell it outside of TX tho.... :( Insert huge sad face here.... pretty damn good root beer too!

Comment

Damn... Shiner Light Blonde? argh.... gonna have to special request that one! Ken have you tried any of the St Arnolds beers? their Elissa IPA is my favorite.. they dont sell it outside of TX tho.... :( Insert huge sad face here.... pretty damn good root beer too!

Never seen it at any of the stores I shop at.. I bet I could find it the next time I am Central Market Store.. They have a huge selection of Texas Beers..
                      Ken

Comment

Originally posted by Fishawn View Post
                        'Ol T-H been busy lately.... I like it.... Natty up and get em going... Gonna be good!

Comment

OK.... Cook the beans for about and hour with just the water in the pot.. After an hour add all your players except the tomato sauce..

After about 30-45 minutes of cooking or till the onions become translucent.. Add in your tomato paste and simmer uncovered till you get the right consistency you are wanting..

More to follow.....
                          Ken

Comment

Never seen it at any of the stores I shop at.. I bet I could find it the next time I am Central Market Store.. They have a huge selection of Texas Beers..
                            Give it a try, great micro brewery in (gasp, dare I say it?) Houston :)

Comment

need smello-vision.... I bet the house smells yummy..

Comment

Working...
                              X