White, white, white, wezza ona Weber!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• White, white, white, wezza ona Weber!

We start with the fire ina Weber. Two piles of lump with a chunk of oak on top, lit coals on the top/middle. Kinda my pizza minion.

Then we assemble the grill. A round of tin foil (alum) and four 1/2 fire bricks. The bricks are just inside the "hinge" on the bottom grill so I can add lump if I need to (haven't yet).

Then the stone on top of the original grill. Trying to keep the stone from the direct fire and also support it evenly. I'm not sure if this is necessary but it is working real well for me.

Now we start working the dough. White ingredients in the background minus the Alfredo sauce. Sweet red onion, artichoke hearts, smoked chicken breast and fresh grated Mozzarella.

And we have a pizza dough rolled out! The dark spots in the dough are fennel seed and basil.

Decorated nicely and ready for the Weber. Which is up to temp @ 500F.

On to the stone it goes, cover it up and wait 18 minutes.

And ready to leave the Weber.

On to the cooling rack. Even Leroy Selmon is lookin at it. I didn't realize his pic was there.

A nice slice of white pizza heaven!!!
    Mark
    sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
    Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

Mark.. I haven't had breakfast yet..you're killing me

Great looking pie and I'd hit that quick. Thanx for showing the set up, I have not tried it yet on the weber..

Comment

Originally posted by Checkered Past View Post
      Mark.. I haven't had breakfast yet..you're killing me

Great looking pie and I'd hit that quick. Thanx for showing the set up, I have not tried it yet on the weber..
      If I'm killin ya, you're diein happy!
      Mark
      sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?

Comment

Mark that is just awesome! I love the idea of putting the additions in the pizza dough. You rocked that pie me brutha!

Comment

DANG!!! Mark you rocked that pie... great setup in the Weber! Here, have some of these

Awesome bro!!

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Looks great....I am making 4 crusts shortly...Need use up last me fresh veggies next few days...

Comment

Great looking pizza! Love the toppings and the sauce.
              I actually tried a pizza on my weber last night.
              My husband came out while I was putting it on and said "You're BBQing a pizza?".
              OMG, I can't believe after all this time he thinks putting it on a grill makes it BBQ. aaaaarrrggggghhhhhh

Anyway, not enough charcoal with what I started with and that was all I had on hand. Couldn't run to store cuz had extra kids at the house. I searched for a while last night on the forum trying to find the proper set up for the weber for doing pizza, yours is what I am trying next time. There will definitely be a next time.

for giving me the info I needed for my next effort

Comment

Originally posted by MrsB View Post
                Great looking pizza! Love the toppings and the sauce.
                I actually tried a pizza on my weber last night.
                My husband came out while I was putting it on and said "You're BBQing a pizza?".
                OMG, I can't believe after all this time he thinks putting it on a grill makes it BBQ. aaaaarrrggggghhhhhh

Anyway, not enough charcoal with what I started with and that was all I had on hand. Couldn't run to store cuz had extra kids at the house. I searched for a while last night on the forum trying to find the proper set up for the weber for doing pizza, yours is what I am trying next time. There will definitely be a next time.

for giving me the info I needed for my next effort
                Thanks for the points, glad I could help! I'm kinda surprised how little lump I actually use on one. I bet I didn't burn half of it. If it stops raining I'll try to take a pic. Top vent wide open bottom open abut 2/3.
                Mark
                sigpic

Comment

That's just a great looking pizza, Mark! I've never tried a white one, but I will now.
                  sigpic
                  Smoke Vault 24

Comment

Great looking pizza and love the idea of the bricks, good thinking!
                    --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
                    www.OwensBBQ.com

Comment

all righty... i am getting one a them stones and gonna get into this pizza thing... yano i sent bbq eng a pizza on the grill book for xmas and bought one for meself as well but have yet to try anything from it. Mark, ... and you keep on rockin this place with your posts!
                      Charbroil SFB
                      GOSM
                      MES
                      Dutch Ovens and other CI
                      Little Chief, Big Chief, No Name water smoker
                      Weber 22" gold, Smokey Joe, WSM 22"

Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head

sigpic

Comment

Thanks E.
                        Mark
                        sigpic

Comment

Aww damn, Mark! That alfredo sauce looks killer! We've been grilling them up with just olive oil and mozz... never thought of a white pizza sauce.

Awesome idea.

Comment

Freakin KILLER pizza Mark. I don't think I've seen better
                            Gotta get me one of them pizza stones. Awwww hell, here's some pizza . You rocked this one.
                            https://youtu.be/ZcqprrIlbcIli

Comment

That looks freaking fantastic man and I bet the alfredo sauce is killer on it, I gotta try that next time
                              Nice n round too!

Comment

Working...
                              X