it must be done...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• it must be done...

well guys, with the advent of a new era in my life, I have decided to liquidate some of my stash. Keep in mind, this is hard to do. I just don't have the time any more and the longer it sits out there, the more I want to smoke. lol.

Now, i'm not selling everything. just a large portion of it. Plus, i'm not selling it becuase I want to get out of Q'ing... i just want to build a bigger one. lol.

fist up is the fridge smoker. VERY efficient, VERY easy control temps, and so far, has been the go-to-smoker for all of my parties/gatherings. TONS of room (I can do about 8 butts at a time if need be, but I could also add more shelves to up that amount), fully insulated firebox and smoker cabinet. the only drawback to this is portability. the firebox alone is probably pushing 150-200 lbs empty, and the fridge is about another 100 or so. I can help you set it up and what-not, but once it'
    s set, don't expect to move it any time soon. lol. I actually poured a concrete pad for it just off of the patio.

Second is the insulated drum. probably 200 lbs (easy) of a UDS, surrounded by zeolite as insulation. I will be fixing the intake and putting new handles on it this week in anticipation of selling it.

Third is my santa-fe charcoal grill. since I now have my weber 22.5" one-touch silver, I'm more than happy to sell the santa fe. It's about 2 years old, but has done it's family proud. I tried cleaning it out after each use or two, so there is no rust-through, the grate is still in perfect condition, and it really only needs a good cleaning.

to keep me held over until I can get the trailer unit built, I am going to be keeping my second fridge smoker (electric unit built into the garage). if I decide to sell it later, I will let y'all know first.

anyway, shoot me an offer on any/all of it. I am happy to make a weekend delivery if need be, or if you are in town or close, I can do it some time during the week. just let me know!

Later,
    Andy
    Current babies:
    -Daughter's 10"x24" RF smoker
    -RichTee's Lang :)
    Former Lineup:
    -Charbroil Santa Fe grill
    -1954'ish Philco fridge smoker
    -1950's GE electric fridge smoker in progress (Went to WuTang and will probably never be completed. lol)
    -enough beer to drown any problem/ailment you may encounter

"if you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough"
    BTW, U of M sucks, Go Big Red! I have bragging rights to 2018!

Dang, bro. Thinning the herd.

Looking forward to the trailer unit build.
    Orchard Hill BBQ

Twin Chamber Rotisserie Trailer
    Modified Chargriller RF
    250 Gallon Homegrown Cooker

I THINK HIS SHIRT SAYS IT ALL

Comment

Originally posted by new smoke View Post
      Looking forward to the trailer unit build.
      Not as much as me. lol. I have the trailer in the driveway now getting ready for it's second coat of paint. if all goes according to plan, I should have a nice little winter project in the garage. as long as i can keep my wife's crap out of there. lol

like i said, it pains me to see it go, but I need to make the room and money flow if I ever want to move on. it seems like every party I throw tends to out-do the last one and i seem to be smoking in more "batches". bottom line, i need more room and I think a well-built cabinet is in order.

Later,
      Andy
      Current babies:
      Former Lineup:
      -1950's GE electric fridge smoker in progress (Went to WuTang and will probably never be completed. lol)

Comment

I would love that fridge build if I was closer!!!
        www.nopigleftbehind.com
        -----------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by gooose53 View Post
          I would love that fridge build if I was closer!!!
          well, for the right shipping price, it can be yours! lol. My wife has family in NC (Charlotte, if i'm not mistaken)... maybe we could work something out?

Later,
          Andy
          Current babies:
          Former Lineup:

Comment

never mind... i just ran some quick numbers... gas would be over a grand alone. lol
            Current babies:
            Former Lineup:

Comment

Originally posted by aczeller View Post
              never mind... i just ran some quick numbers... gas would be over a grand alone. lol
              It might be cheaper to ship after all huh?
              www.nopigleftbehind.com
              -----------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by gooose53 View Post
                It might be cheaper to ship after all huh?
                lol... figure 400 lbs +/-, from omaha... probably 2 pallets (200 lbs each). one would be about 3' tall after packing (firebox) and the fridge would be about 6.5' +/- tall. I could palletize them and ship them from work (Zip code 68128). we have freight carriers every day, so i coudl just toss it on whoever's truck... Old Dominion is our primary, but we get just about everybody it seems like.
                Current babies:
                Former Lineup:

Comment

well guys, i'm thinking it's time to start downsizing. I'll entertain just about any offer. If things go as planned, I will probably be making a trip to MI in the near future, and would be happy to drop it off, or meet somewhere along the way. I still have EVERYTHING for sale, so let me know if you guys are interested. Worst case scenario, I keep it and it goes to the in-laws for weekend cooks and what-not, at least until we get a house...

Later,
                  Andy
                  Current babies:
                  Former Lineup:

Comment

if i were closer i'd take the fridge smoker but i doubt it would fit in my trailer-which needs to be upsized anyway...
                    brink vertical charcoal(the carp)
                    18" old smokey charcoal grill/smoker
                    cast iron Hibachi
                    22" Kettle w/ "Smoke-EZ" styled riser extension
                    & rotisserator
                    12x7 wells cargo vending trailer(mods in progress)
                    stuffer,slicer & more carp than i can fit in it...
                    Marshall amps & various awesome guitars,drums,P.A.,etc.recording studio.....

Blues-N-Cues Concessions & Catering
                    http://blues-n-cuesbbq.com/
                    my music recordings-
                    http://www.reverbnation.com/rlcltd

Comment

well, considering the fact that I will be making multiple trips to MI over the next few months (whether I get the job or not), if anyone wants anything, let me know. I'll be up by lansing and would be more than happy to make a little delivery trip for some Q or beer... possibly both. lol.

Later,
                      Andy
                      Current babies:
                      Former Lineup:

Comment

Working...
                      X