Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Charleston, S.C., fried grouper, homemade butter, SR 22, US Coast Guard, cheese plate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charleston, S.C., fried grouper, homemade butter, SR 22, US Coast Guard, cheese plate

WooHoo used all me letters on the first freaking try! Dump the crotch Louie! I was heading home from Daytona and made a pit stop in Charleston, S.C. so I could pick up some grouper. Got to ride in a brand spanking new Cirrus SR 22. Nice little 4 seater.

Cooked up me grouper for lunch today. Screw it all straight to hell on the diet. I wanted fried food. Comfy food, fat girl got needs too kinda food. Did a beer batter and put in some of these babies:

Chili threads. Didn't know they existed. Kinda cool, I only put a few and I ate my food so fast I didn't really taste anything other than greasy goodness that, without a doubt, will later cause abdominal discomfort.

I made a coleslaw with apples, dried cranberries, toasted almonds. Hell to the yea. I love the cranberries, but gawd almighty, I got one stuck in me teeth. I was acting like a rabid dog with a splinter trying to dig that fugger out. Not fun Alejandro. Skeered me kitties. That's it. Leaving them out next time. Also fried up some asparagus. I have no shame.

Made homemade butter last night. Used heavy cream from the dairy down the road. Good stuff. I made it so I could mix some with a bit of Roquefort cheese for a little plate I nibbled on for me supper.

Roquefort, goat cheese, white chedder. Love me some cheese.

Okay then, I'm done. Gonna leave you with a few non-food, but still neat photos. So, who knows what this first pic is referring too? Here's a hint: It DOES NOT rhyme with bits, tubes, or rockers.

Got to see the US Coast Guard take off. Nice.

Landing at Charleston Executive Airport

WooHoo! Good to be home. I hate using public restrooms. Causes me great anxiety. The thought of my butt being in the same place as somebody else's sweaty hiney makes me very sad.

WooHoo! Good to be home. I hate using public restrooms. Causes me great anxiety. The thought of my butt being in the same place as somebody else's sweaty hiney makes me very sad.
    You know, that's just too much information

The food looks good

But your shot of the plane:

Would have benefitted from a little more distance lol
    Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
    Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

Damnit Girl! that is one fab thread! I cant hang out with you, I would weigh a f'ng ton! how much fun was that ride? and what did ya do with the pilot??? lovin you!

The only one on the block with the super fastest turbo charged

Comment

Originally posted by curious aardvark View Post
        You know, that's just too much information

The food looks good

But your shot of the plane:

Would have benefitted from a little more distance lol
        The pilot asked me not to take any pictures that would include his call info.

Originally posted by Bbqgoddess View Post
        Damnit Girl! that is one fab thread! I cant hang out with you, I would weigh a f'ng ton! how much fun was that ride? and what did ya do with the pilot??? lovin you!
        I violated his air space.

Comment

That is a nice lookin piece of grouper. Ya treated it real good too! Nice foodage girl.
          How much you hafta give for grouper up there?
          Mark
          sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
          Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

Comment

Originally posted by Mark R View Post
            That is a nice lookin piece of grouper. Ya treated it real good too! Nice foodage girl.
            How much you hafta give for grouper up there?
            $19.99 a lb.

Comment

Originally posted by Squirrel View Post
              $19.99 a lb.
              Bout the same here. And they catch them here.
              Mark
              sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
              Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

Comment

Nicely done..

Comment

Get on it Hot Rod!...Cirrus is a bad azz machine...Factory Trained on em! Do like me Groper!...Aww...Chit LOUIE!...I meant Grouper!
                  Sunset Eagle Aviation
                  https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

Nice pics, food, and post, as usual.
                    Lang 36 Patio, a few Webers, 2 Eggs, plenty of gadgets and a MES 40 Gen 2.5 electric for bacon and sausage.
                    My best asset however is the inspiration from the members on this forum.

sigpic
                    @SmokinJim52 on Twitter

Comment

Dammit girl!!! AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!

You friggin rock!!!

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Squirrel, how do you find time to make these awesome dishes???

Man you rocked that one. Love the butter gig
                        https://youtu.be/ZcqprrIlbcIli

Comment

That's a beautiful fish plate, Cheryl! Nothing better and fish and slaw.
                          sigpic
                          Smoke Vault 24

Comment

Fried asperagus?....Hmmmm....Gotta try that one...
                            Craig
                            sigpic

Comment

You rock, Cheryl! I love some fried fish and that looks perfect!!! Nice pics, too! Thanks for sharing! Looks like a nice trip!
                              Becky

https://www.facebook.com/jennie.r.smith.77?ref=tn_tnmn

Weber 22.5" One Touch Gold Kettle - Black
                              Weber 22.5" One Touch Gold Kettle - Copper
                              1993 Weber 22.5" Master Touch Kettle - Red
                              Weber 18.5" One Touch Silver Kettle - Budweiser
                              Weber Smokey Joe
                              Multiple Dutch Ovens and other Cast Iron
                              Pink Thermapen
                              Purple Thermapen

Comment

Working...
                              X