Shrimp shells/heads
    Onion
    Celery
    Garlic
    Old Bay seasoning
    Celery seeds
    Salt and pepper to taste
    Zatarans Cajon Seasoning, to taste
    Peel shrimp. Cut vegetables into large pieces. Add remaining ingredients. Boil the above. Strain. Reserve liquid and discard everything else.

Shrimp and Sauce
    3 Tbsp. bacon grease
    1/3 red and green bell pepper, diced small
    1/3 onion, diced small
    1 link smoked sausage or taso ham or andule sausage (or any spicy sausage), sliced
    3 cloves garlic, minced
    1-2 Tbsp. tomato paste
    Zatarans Cajon Seasoning, to taste
    Pepper, to taste
    ¼ cup flour
    Shrimp, seasoned with Zatarans Cajon Seasoning, salt and pepper, or lemon pepper
    Cook all ingredients, except the flour, until done. Add flour and cook additional 3-4 minutes. Add shrimp stock to make sauce/gravy. (You want this to be a little wetter than a traditional gravy.) Add shrimp directly to sauce and cook additional 3-4 minutes. You can finish this sauce with a little lemon juice and/or Worcestershire, if desired. Serve immediately or shrimp will overcook quickly.

Cheesy Grits
    1 cup water
    1 cup half and half
    1 cup grits
    Chipotle Tabasco, to taste
    Zaterans Cajon Seasoning, to taste
    ½ stick butter
    Salt
    2-3 large pieces garlic
    Cook the above, adding remaining shrimp stock if needed for proper consistency.
    Mix in 1 cup (or more! =) ) cheddar cheese.

Serve shrimp and sauce over grits.
    Please ignore all spelling errors and typos my pet monkey does all of my corespondence

pics

here are the pics. Anyone know how to resize them to be larger?
    My wife just went on and on and on about how good it was! this recipe is way better than any that the celebrity chefs had posted. you really gotta try it!
    Attached Files
    Please ignore all spelling errors and typos my pet monkey does all of my corespondence

Comment

Preacher-man, I will say that does look great! But what did ya smoke?
      Lang 84 Deluxe (sold it, broke my heart)
      Weber Performer
      Weber 22.5" OTG
      Weber Q Tabletop Gasser
      Bunch of Sausage Makin' Kit
      Big Azz BBQ Concession Trailer
      BBQ Food Truck

Comment

no smoke just good food ...now if i was a making my own sausage the the answer would be easy

Comment

Preacher,
          That shrimp looks like it was touched by the hand of God! Wonderful dish, thank you for the recipe!

The only one on the block with the super fastest turbo charged

Comment

Great looking shrimp, Preacher. As far as resizing pictures, a lot of us use Photobucket as our free hosting site. The option for resizing is quite easy there and you can just copy and paste. A good size for posting is 640X480.
            sigpic
            Smoke Vault 24

Comment

Hmmm I would have never thought shrimp with grits... But that does look like a good meal.. The sauce recipe looks like a start to a gumbo recipe. Very nice.
              Ken

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

Comment

you can't resize pics attached to posts the forum software automatically resizes them to 640x480.
                I find if I resize them to around that first they display a little bigger.
                But those are sharp clear pics - no problems I can see and great looking dish.

I'd lose the grits and either use cous cous or pasta - but that's just me and grits lol
                Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
                Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

dude, next time smoke that shimp...........do a search here for dingles shrimp...........you won't do em any other way............not rubbery AT all

let us not cry because we lost someone, but let us smile because we enjoyed their company for what time was allowed us!

Comment

Sounds pretty tasty & looks that way to me! Nice job!
                    Sunset Eagle Aviation
                    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

Being raised in the south most of my life I had never heard of shrimp and grits until I moved to Charleston. Thought that just didn't sound good at all.......but then I tried it.....wonderfull!!! I'll have to post my recipe too. Thanks Preacher!!
                      www.nopigleftbehind.com
                      -----------------------------

Comment

Shrimp and cheesy grits. Now that is just good food. Just smoke the shrimp and Tasso sausage and throw that in the sauce/gravy as well.

Come on, with a name like Curious, you should want to try those cheesy grits!!

They are good!! If I haven't said that yet!
                        Dan
                        AKA "GTL"

Get Busy Livin' or Get Busy Dyin"

Weber 22 1/2" Gold
                        3405 GOSM
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by PreacherRodgers View Post
                          here are the pics. Anyone know how to resize them to be larger?
                          I think you ought try to keep her just that size :{)

Nice combo... like the spice!
                          In God I trust- All others pay cash...
                          Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
                          Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Originally posted by gooose53 View Post
                            Being raised in the south most of my life I had never heard of shrimp and grits until I moved to Charleston. Thought that just didn't sound good at all.......but then I tried it.....wonderfull!!! I'll have to post my recipe too. Thanks Preacher!!
                            Charles Towne is the place for Scrimps and Grits , this is where it all started.

Thanks Preach....... Good One..... I'll have to dig up my family's recipe and post it on to you all.
                            20x36 BYC by Klose Modified
                            36" Jenn-Air NG Grill
                            22" webber
                            several burners
                            pool/spa (of course)
                            sigpic

Comment

Great looking shrimp and grits PreacherRodgers, thank you for sharing your recipe!
                              jeanie

http://cowgirlscountry.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X