X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oklahoma Joe

Anybody familiar with this brand of smoker? There's one on CL

http://augusta.craigslist.org/grd/2599398889.html

I think that's pricey, looks like a lot of rust. Just wanted some opinions. Thanks!

I think Ken may have one and Doctor Phreak
    sigpic

Comment

Seems like I remember some of those on here before. I think they are supposed to be pretty jam up. Seems like somebody picked one up and redone it. $250 might not be too bad.
      Stay thirsty my friends!!

Comment

I have the same Longhorn.. For 250 bones you best jump on it rust or not...
        Ken

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

Comment

i believe that is the same smoker made by Horizon, maybe bought the rights from OJ or something. Smokebuzz from iowa has one and i was fortunate enough to use it a cupla years ago and i loved it. wouldnt let the surface rust bother you as they are a full 1/4" thick.

i was looking at one a year ago or so, they make them in the 16" and the 20"... there was one for sale up here with a warmer/vert smoker box on it as well. dont remember the price but it was a 16"... Buzz warned me in advance about the size, that 4 inches is the biggest 4 inches you ever seen. if it woulda been a 20 i would own it but just couldnt pull trigger on the 16, but that just me... mebe a 16 work just fine for you.
          Charbroil SFB
          GOSM
          MES
          Dutch Ovens and other CI
          Little Chief, Big Chief, No Name water smoker
          Weber 22" gold, Smokey Joe, WSM 22"

Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by erain View Post
            i believe that is the same smoker made by Horizon, maybe bought the rights from OJ or something. Smokebuzz from iowa has one and i was fortunate enough to use it a cupla years ago and i loved it. wouldnt let the surface rust bother you as they are a full 1/4" thick.

i was looking at one a year ago or so, they make them in the 16" and the 20"... there was one for sale up here with a warmer/vert smoker box on it as well. dont remember the price but it was a 16"... Buzz warned me in advance about the size, that 4 inches is the biggest 4 inches you ever seen. if it woulda been a 20 i would own it but just couldnt pull trigger on the 16, but that just me... mebe a 16 work just fine for you.
            AND, by the looks of your sig. line, you sir are in need of another smoker
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Fishawn View Post
              damnit man you are correct!!! i better get on it eh... but that was pre wsm and sfb days... but i am trying to swing a deal on an air compressor tank right now to add a sfb to it and still thinking about if a trailer needed or just put in backyard permanent...

love that wsm but sure do like playin with fire...
              Charbroil SFB
              GOSM
              MES
              Dutch Ovens and other CI
              Little Chief, Big Chief, No Name water smoker
              Weber 22" gold, Smokey Joe, WSM 22"

Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head

sigpic

Comment

Squirrel's getting a new toy!!

Originally posted by Fishawn View Post
                Becky

https://www.facebook.com/jennie.r.smith.77?ref=tn_tnmn

Weber 22.5" One Touch Gold Kettle - Black
                Weber 22.5" One Touch Gold Kettle - Copper
                1993 Weber 22.5" Master Touch Kettle - Red
                Weber 18.5" One Touch Silver Kettle - Budweiser
                Weber Smokey Joe
                Multiple Dutch Ovens and other Cast Iron
                Pink Thermapen
                Purple Thermapen

Comment

$479.00 at Home Depot:

http://www.homedepot.com/buy/outdoor...ker-54083.html

Whoops! Then i ran across a web page saying that Oklahoma Joe's sold the rights to their smokers to Horizon Smokers and this is what I found on Their website:

http://www.horizonbbqsmokersstore.co...-Smoker/Detail

Just remember that there is going to be a hot spot right outside the firebox and you may end up wanting to put some baffles in it or turn it into a reverse flow.

Comment

Well I sent the guy an email and offered him $200. We'll see if he responds. Hoping to get it for $225.

Comment

Good luck, hope you get it. I've been looking for one to fix up and keep or maybe even resell. Have my eye on CL all the time. Nice find Cheryl.
                      Lang 36 Patio, a few Webers, 2 Eggs, plenty of gadgets and a MES 40 Gen 2.5 electric for bacon and sausage.
                      My best asset however is the inspiration from the members on this forum.

sigpic
                      @SmokinJim52 on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by Squirrel View Post
                        Well I sent the guy an email and offered him $200. We'll see if he responds. Hoping to get it for $225.

Hope you get it, they are a good smoker.. I can attest..
                        Ken

Comment

if it works out you will like it.........i restored a bar-b-chef form bbq galore, i think OK joe made them for them but stopped along time ago.
                          sigpic
                          it's all good my friend..........

Comment

Originally posted by MichChef View Post
                            $479.00 at Home Depot:

http://www.homedepot.com/buy/outdoor...ker-54083.html

Whoops! Then i ran across a web page saying that Oklahoma Joe's sold the rights to their smokers to Horizon Smokers and this is what I found on Their website:

http://www.horizonbbqsmokersstore.co...-Smoker/Detail

Just remember that there is going to be a hot spot right outside the firebox and you may end up wanting to put some baffles in it or turn it into a reverse flow.

The biggest difference from the new ones to the originals is the thickness of the steel.. Plus the new ones come with a slide out ash drawer..

The very first Okie Joes were 1/4" steel.. Then they went to 3/16" ... No telling what they are now..
                            Ken

Comment

I paid 225 for mine and I love it...20 inch and quarter inch steel...Had Andy make me up some cool racks...

http://www.smoked-meat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11913

Hope ya have plenty of wood available
                              Craig
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X