Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This may not belong on the forum but........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This may not belong on the forum but........

Ok... lets say you have spent the last 6 days either prepping meat and appetizers, smoking meat and appetizers.... serving your cooked stuff... cleaning up the mess you made smoking all this stuff... and your basking in the warm feeling you get when you know everyone is well fed, and in awe of your smoking/cooking abilities. Then you realize you have a 2 pack of tenderloins that have been thawed out in the fridge and they need to be cooked tonight. And..... you haven't eaten yet. Here is my solution.

I washed and sliced my two tenderloins that I caught on sale at Kroger for 1.99 a pound and bought 15 of em and put them in the freezer. Fried them up in a pan with EVO, lemon pepper, tones citrius grill, and some garlic and onion powder. You don't want to cook these things to death. Just get them to brown an little.

I take them out of the pan and put in some bacon grease. The secret to my velveteee smoooooth gravy is to let the pan cool down with the grease in it before you add the flour. It needs to stay hot but you just don't want it to sizzle any. After you add the flour turn your heat back up to a medium and cook your flour until it starts turning just a tad brown. If you don't your gravy will taste like flour. Make sure and scrape all those great cruncheeez and spices off of the bottom.

Another secret to makin good gravy.... let the rue cool down before you put the milk in. If you add it while it's hot it will turn into a big clod that really isn't all that good. After you add a cup or so of milk and get everything stirred in really nice and smooooooth.... turn the heat up to a medium or a tad hotter. Keep stirring your gravy and if it's starting to get thick add more milk. The trick is to get it to the thickness you want about the time its starts to bubble. If it's too thin when you get it to bubblin you'll need to let it cook down some... if it's too thick... add a tad more milk to get it where you want it. Good gravy is like good ribs... takes a bit of time.

The rest is really easy.... just lay your tenderloin back in the pan with the gravy......

Stir it up and let it simmer just a tad.... it's actually ready to eat.

I layed a couple of pieces on some New York Pumpernickel. This stuff is shweeeeet! Gonna take the leftover and vacuum it for the freezer for a date with some homemade biscuits and hashbrowns.

I've done this a number of times and it always comes out great. Thanks for lookin!
    sigpic

Looks good to me. I could definately go for some of that with a few biscuits. Thanks for the gravy tips, I will have to try that out.
    KCBS/CBJ #56408

"Sticks and stones will break your bones, but words will always teach you." -Shihan

Comment

Great post and Pics............... Thats my cup of Gravy.... mmmmmnm, man O man thats good eating, you just need some cornbread and onions with that meal.
      20x36 BYC by Klose Modified
      36" Jenn-Air NG Grill
      22" webber
      several burners
      pool/spa (of course)
      sigpic

Comment

Now that looks great.... A real rib sticker with some Texas Toast...

Nothing wrong by posting a good meal.. Bravo
        Ken

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

Comment

OMG!!!
          YUMMY, YUMMY, YUMMY!!!
          Now I will wake up for sure wanting that exact meal for breakie!
          If there ever was a place to post that meal it was definetly here! ditto Bravo!
          YUM!!

The only one on the block with the super fastest turbo charged

Comment

Nice Dave, Points for posting that gravey looks great.
            sigpic

Comment

Good gravy that's some good gravy! ;{)

mmmMM nice meal, Sir!
              In God I trust- All others pay cash...
              Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
              Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Good gravy is hard to make.....nice job!!
                www.nopigleftbehind.com
                -----------------------------

Comment

No fair, Here I am fasting because of some test the Doc wants to run later this morning and I open your post and see this. Man that looks good. Talk about belly growls. Gonna have to try this.

Comment

Great meal Dave!!
                    Gene

sigpic

The Farm...
                    http://gardenofeatn-rhf.blogspot.com/

Comment

nice gravy makin tips dave! thks for sharing. great looking meal!!!
                      Charbroil SFB
                      GOSM
                      MES
                      Dutch Ovens and other CI
                      Little Chief, Big Chief, No Name water smoker
                      Weber 22" gold, Smokey Joe, WSM 22"

Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head

sigpic

Comment

Great looking meal Pignit. Looks awesome. I would love to have some of that over some biscuits. RIGHT NOW!!!!!!
                        Stay thirsty my friends!!

Comment

Man I sure could devour about 2 pounds of that bud!
                          Fantastic description and pics...you make that whole meal look like it was gravy
                          Ryan

I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
                          Clint Eastwood

sigpic

Comment

Nothing wrong with that post. I really don't care how it's cooked, end of the day, it's all about what hits the mouth and stomach. Well, the nose is in the game to I admit.

This site is really about good food and if it's not always on the smoker, fine by me as long as I find out how to do it, like you posted.
                            Last edited by Abelman; 04-16-2009, 05:13 PM. Reason: spellimg
                            Pete
                            Large BGE
                            Char Broil Tru-Infrared Commercial series

Comment

This thread needs to be retitled "Awesome Tenderloin with Gravy Meal!!"

Great post Pign It. Just bought two tenderloins today ... guess what were having on Saturday...........
                              Dan
                              AKA "GTL"

Get Busy Livin' or Get Busy Dyin"

Weber 22 1/2" Gold
                              3405 GOSM
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X