Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zatarain's® Jambalaya w/ Cheese in DO w/ Smoked Sausage and Smoked Mad Hunkey Chicken

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zatarain's® Jambalaya w/ Cheese in DO w/ Smoked Sausage and Smoked Mad Hunkey Chicken

Got the DO out again this weekend and tried a couple of things. While I would love to make jambalaya from scratch, I also really like the Zatarain's ® products including their jambalaya and gumbo mixes.

I started off by smoking 2 Mad Hunky chicken breast and some turkey sausage. Once the chicken was done, I put 2 cups of chicken broth and 1/2 cup of water in my 10" shallow DO on a full bed of coals on the bottom and 14 on top to get boiling. Wow, I was impressed...took about 10 minutes. Then I reduced the heat...8 coals on bottom and 12 on top and pour in the Zatarain's ® mix. After mixed well, I added the smoked turkey sausage and the 2 smoked chicken breast that I had chopped. Covered and let cook for about 20-25 minutes or until rice is done and most of the liquid is absorbed.

The 2 chicken breast on the Weber with 2 Mad Hunky tenderloins.

Not a good plated pic, but we had the tenderloin, jambalaya and green beans.

Thanks for viewing my DO Jambalaya!
    Becky

https://www.facebook.com/jennie.r.smith.77?ref=tn_tnmn

Weber 22.5" One Touch Gold Kettle - Black
    Weber 22.5" One Touch Gold Kettle - Copper
    1993 Weber 22.5" Master Touch Kettle - Red
    Weber 18.5" One Touch Silver Kettle - Budweiser
    Weber Smokey Joe
    Multiple Dutch Ovens and other Cast Iron
    Pink Thermapen
    Purple Thermapen

I like cookin like that! Reach in that cooler & grab me a Natty! I knowed it ate gooooood!
    Sunset Eagle Aviation
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

Food looks great !
      can't beat the scenery either

you know that shot there

Could be england :-)
      Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
      Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

Pioneer Becky strikes again

I also like the Zatarin's stuff

Nothing like hangin out outdoors, cookin & havin a few beers
        sigpic

Comment

Becky, I just posted a simple thread on sopme PTL. Had I seen this first, I wouldn't have bothered. That is some fine food right there.
          Pete
          Large BGE
          Char Broil Tru-Infrared Commercial series

Comment

That looks great Pioneer Becky....

Hows the coon skin hat coming????

Comment

Hehehe... I have not declared one cannot mix green beans and Mad Hunky... actually, a bacon grease fry with the MH on the beans...Hmmm... I might eat one.

Great looking dish Becky. As usual, of course and
              In God I trust- All others pay cash...
              Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
              Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Becky, looks most excellent! Zatarin's is ok but not the real stuff. May I recommend a book or two? "La Bouche Creole" by Leon E. Soniet and "La Bouche Creole II" also by Leon. All good stuff!!!
                Mark
                sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
                Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

Comment

Originally posted by Richtee View Post
                  actually, a bacon grease fry with the MH on the beans...Hmmm... I might eat one.
                  He might be coming around...maybe...

Some good lookin and simple eats there Becky
                  Craig
                  sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X