Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Dinasour bones", Baby Backs, and brisket!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Dinasour bones", Baby Backs, and brisket!

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...8706270&type=1
    I am having a hard time to upload photos here, my files are too large, and I'm not the most computer literate there is...
    so here is a link to my Facebook that I hope makes it easier for all of us.
    Last night I seasoned Two racks of beef back ribs, pork baby back ribs and a chunk of brisket (the point)
    It sat in the fridge for about 14 hrs and I cooked it all up today.
    everything went in the smoker for 45 min at 130f just to dry,
    then turned it up to 160f with hickory smoke for about 3hrs,
    then fihined it off at 175 for about an hr to reach 160f on the brisket and dino bones, and then 170f on the baby backs.
    Let me know if this link works, or if there is any help to upload them here
    Thanks, Butcher
    www.facebook.com/butchcolquhoun _____________________________________________

sigpic

I've figured out how to add pics to my profile!!
    gues I'm not just a "dumb truck driver" LOL

sigpic

Comment

Butcher take a look at this tutorial.. http://www.smoked-meat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5225

This should help you with image hosting and how to add them in the threads..

Plus when I click on your FB link I get content unavailable..
      Ken

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

Comment

I do not do facebook.
        Mark
        sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
        Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

Comment

Originally posted by Mark R View Post
          I do not do facebook.
          I thought I was the only one...
          Craig
          sigpic

Comment

Thanks, Ken. I'll give that a try, and the facebook thing did'nt work eh.. well I did post the pics on my profile for now, and I'll give the link a try :) Thanks

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mark R View Post
              I do not do facebook.
              I have removed my account from there. Too much crap and risk.
              But I bet the food was good!
              In God I trust- All others pay cash...
              Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
              Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

sigpic

Comment

well... I figured out the picture thing, and just Imagine, I allready had a Photobucket account!! LOL had to reset the password but its all good.. Thanks again Ken.
                  So there are the pics of tonights dinner... it is now 8:15pm, and I am stuffed!!! Ma and Pa loved it too... Tammy was'nt in favour of the seasoning on the beef ribs, so next time she well have the honor to "mix it up"

sigpic

Comment

Looks fantastic... what is that smoker? Never seen anything like it. !
                    Don

Humphrey's Pint
                    Weber Smokey Mountain 18.5"
                    Weber Performer (Black Top, Stainless Steel Table Edition circa 2005)
                    Blackstone Professional Series 36" Griddle
                    Weber Spirit SP-310 Gas Grill
                    Anova One Sous Vide
                    AMPS
                    Purple Thermapen
                    Maverick ET-733
                    DigIQ DX2
                    Misfit #1674

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tadowdaddy View Post
                      Looks fantastic... what is that smoker? Never seen anything like it. !
                      It is homemade, made it out of a 1952 international harvestor fridge, lined it with canadian west coast red cedar, put a two burner portable stove for the heat source, cut all wiring as the controls were on the front of it, and extended the wiring to a homemade box on the outside of the fridge, so I won't have to open the door to adjust the heat, drilled a vent hole and put a slide to adjust it, cut open a 3" hole on top and put a chiminy with a dampner, two tem. gauges one in the middle and one on top to monitor temps and make sure the heat is even, then a digital probe for Internal temps,,, works great, and Hold the heat very well, these old fridges were well insulated!! :)
                      Got the Ideal for another smoking buddy, Tony, who has recently joined us here at Smoked-meat.com :)

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X