Smoked Bologna

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smoked Bologna

I smoked some bologna the other day.. I'm not a big bologna fan but wanted to try it again. The last bologna I smoked was over a year ago.

I rubbed the first hunk with olive oil, then scored and sprinkled with peppered bacon salt. I got the score idea from a smoking friend called Pork Smoker.

Butterflied the second hunk, covered it with a mixture of cream cheese, onion and garlic, then sprinkled with bacon and jalapenos...

Topped with some pastrami....

Rolled up and wrapped in bacon.
    Smoked both with hickory....

Cubed the rest, seasoned with pepper, dipped in flour, beer batter and panko...then fried.

Served with some jalapeno cheese, cheddar, olives, pineapple, strawberries and hot peppers...

The fried bologna with spicy brown mustard...

The cream cheese, jalapeno, bacon, onion rolled...

It was kinda tasty.

Thanks for checking out my bologna smoke.
    jeanie

http://cowgirlscountry.blogspot.com/

Points for the bologna fattie. That is outstanding. Bologna nuggets-I gotta try that too.
    KCBS/CBJ #56408

"Sticks and stones will break your bones, but words will always teach you." -Shihan

Comment

Wow Jeanie, Wow........

That's something to behold.
      Pete
      Large BGE
      Char Broil Tru-Infrared Commercial series

Comment

Thank you Wutang and Pete..... still not sure which one I liked the best. :)
        jeanie

Comment

good job... I like bologna... I rub mine with spicy brown mustard and push garlic cloves into the slits...

sigpic

Comment

Awesome work Jeanie. You never cease to amaze me with your creativity. Love the bologna fatty also. The slice looks awesome. Great work!
            Stay thirsty my friends!!

Comment

LMAO. I just picked up 2 of those on sale. I figured I would slice it for sammies. But for 2 days I've been trying to figure out how I could smoke some. I was afraid to ask for fear of you all thinking I lost my mind.

Never thought of the cream cheese deal. I just may try that. Thanks again for another great idea.
              S-M Misfit #16

If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy. ~ Red Green

It's a shame stupidity isn't painful.

GOSM Propane
              CharGriller Kamado Cooker "The Akorn"
              New Braunfels Bandera
              UniFlame Gas Grill
              Lil Chief

Comment

CowGirl will you marry me?

Darlin I luv you... Those are great ideas LMAO; the way I smoke bologna is to cut it into 1/2" slices, score the edges so it doesn't curl then smoke it heavily with hickory. I serve it like a burger on a bun topped with coleslaw. I learned about smoking bologna on Food Network where they showed a restaurant that drew from three states for their smoked bologna sandwiches. There's was much like mine but they smoked the whole log of bologna; mine get a stronger smoke flavor.

More points if you say yes.....

Comment

Jeanie, another amazing job.
                  sigpic

Comment

yumm-i gonna do that-thick sliced

Comment

Who knew bologna could look so great.
                      Chargriller Pro w. sfb
                      Ducane 4100 propane grill
                      Brinkman Electric

Member # 200

Comment

Originally posted by Smokin Bill View Post
                        CowGirl will you marry me?
                        Stand in line.

I been asking that same questions for almost 2 years.

Comment

Thank you everybody! Thanks for the kind words and the points. You're too sweet!

JB, I like the sound of the spicy mustard and garlic..thanks, I will give it a try. :)

Bill.... lol I appreciate the offer, I'm flattered. :blush: Your sandwich sounds great.. I'll give the slaw a try too. Thanks!

Steve, it HAS almost been 2 years. lol Told ya I'm allergic. Thanks for making me feel loved though.
                          jeanie

Comment

Well lookie here... Im not a huge fan of BAR-S bologna ... But this is worth a shot non the less...

Great Job Kiddo....
                            Ken

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

Comment

Wow Jeanie!
                              I am really bologna challenged here cuz I have never seen bologna sold in a giant sausage like that.. That was a very enlightening smoke, thanks for another awakening... now I gotta find a chub of bologna!

The only one on the block with the super fastest turbo charged

Comment

Working...
                              X