Gave the cheese another shot...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gave the cheese another shot...

Tried smoking some cheese last night it was a roll of the dice .
    I had Colby,Cheddar,Pep Jack, and swiss . The Swiss and Colby I had to toss because it melted the cheddar and Pep jack did good was only on for an hour and a half though I had a hell of a time keeping the chips lit. They are now Vacpacked and in the fridge waiting .
    Andy
    sigpic

Never Give Up!

Hell yes! Giving the cheese another shot was definitely the right thing to do!

Sorry to hear you had some meltage, but it sounds like the cheese that made it through should be fine with an hour and a half's worth of smoke.

I predict you will be very happy with the results!
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by wntrlnd77 View Post
      Hell yes! Giving the cheese another shot was definitely the right thing to do!

Sorry to hear you had some meltage, but it sounds like the cheese that made it through should be fine with an hour and a half's worth of smoke.

I predict you will be very happy with the results!
      I hope so lol we'll see in a few weeks the meltage was from me lighting the smoker so I could get some smoke going since nothing I was doing was working.
      Andy
      sigpic

Comment

hey Drew go find your self an old stainless steel kettle about 8" in dia. drill 1/8" holes in about 1/3's of the bottom.Then when you smoke your cheese lite 2 pieces of coal put them in the vented side of the kettle and add your chips or saw dust i use a mix of both this will stay under 100 degrees and give you hrs of smoke hope this helps
        sigpicbrinkman pitmaster deluxe
        members mark upright propane smoker
        kingsford bbq
        23"weber kettle

Comment

I smoked a bunch of cheeses last week with the a-maze-n pellet smoker in my MES and the temps never got above 82*. The outside temps were about 80*. I can't say enough about the a-maze-n pellet smoker. Lots of nice smoke & almost zero heat. One of the cheeses was havarti, a relatively soft cheese & no melting.
          Last edited by L20A; 10-14-2011, 10:29 AM.
          MES 30"
          A-Maze-N pellet smoker
          Weber 22" kettle
          E-Z-Que rotisserie
          Weber Smokey Joe
          Big Weber Gasser
          Cracker Smoker
          UDS

Comment

Keep them temps down.... Have set my cheese on a wire grate directly over a tray of ice before which seems to help..... Sometimes, chit just happens

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Fishawn View Post
              Keep them temps down.... Have set my cheese on a wire grate directly over a tray of ice before which seems to help..... Sometimes, chit just happens

That ice tray is a good idea.
              MES 30"
              A-Maze-N pellet smoker
              Weber 22" kettle
              E-Z-Que rotisserie
              Weber Smokey Joe
              Big Weber Gasser
              Cracker Smoker
              UDS

Comment

Originally posted by L20A View Post
                That picture was not mine.... Anyone who wants to claim it can take one step forward
                sigpic

Comment

Thanks Big J I will give it a shot.
                  Andy
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by L20A View Post
                    It wasn't that bad had two shoe strings hanging lol from the colby.
                    Andy
                    sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X