Double Test Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Double Test Today

I'm testing a few things today. I was having trouble viewing the forum on my phone and it recommended downloading Tapatalk. So here I am using it. This post will let me know how it works.
    2nd test today comes in the form of a home made cold smoker. My five year old is helping me smoke a little chunk of cheese. Hopefully it turns out good too.
    Now let's see if I can upload a photo of the cheese smoke with Tapatalk.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk
    Attached Files
    Greg

*~*~*~*~*~*

King-Griller Akorn Kamado
    Louisiana Grills Pellet Smoker
    AMSPS & AMSTS

Hey. it works. And that looks like cheese. How'd it come out?
    Mark
    sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
    Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

Comment

Turned out good. Snuck a piece of cheese before the vac pac. The cold smoker worked fine too. We'll re-open the cheese in a month and give it the final test.

Just threw in a quick picture of how well the pellets and chips turned to ash as well of the deep orange color of the cheese.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk
      Attached Files
      Greg

*~*~*~*~*~*

AMSPS & AMSTS

Comment

Very cool, looks real good1

Sent from my chisel, tapping on marble.
        Mark
        sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
        Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

Comment

It WORKS!

Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

great Idea for a cold smoker and I'm bet the cheese will be excellent
            sigpicbrinkman pitmaster deluxe
            members mark upright propane smoker
            kingsford bbq
            23"weber kettle

Comment

I'm not actually a Luddite, but I play one online.

Cold smoking cheese?

There's an ap for that!

to a successful smoke!

now it's the Countdown to Ecstasy

by the way, what did you think of the smoked cheese you tasted today?

i also happened to taste a little of what i smoked today and it was horrifying. i had never tried it straight out of the smoker before, because i had been warned. i just impulsively gobbled a shard that broke off a piece of cheddar i was packaging and had to spit it out. tasted nasty!

i hope yours was palatable!
              sigpic

Comment

lmao - never thought of that - have some - 'I'm not pissing about like ca did' .

Just shove the middle of the colander up and viola - cold smoker :-)
                Brilliant - how'd you get it lit though ?
                And how long did it burn for ?

sent via semaphore and carrier pigeon - three weeks ago.
                Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
                Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

Originally posted by wntrlnd77 View Post
                  by the way, what did you think of the smoked cheese you tasted today?

i also happened to taste a little of what i smoked today and it was horrifying. i had never tried it straight out of the smoker before, because i had been warned. i just impulsively gobbled a shard that broke off a piece of cheddar i was packaging and had to spit it out. tasted nasty!

i hope yours was palatable!
                  The cheese I tasted today was a little strong. Not quite "saved from a house fire" type of strong but it did come across some what pungent. I guess that's why it's vac packed and put away for some time. I helped a friend cold smoke cheese last winter and we ate it right away. Only the outer half inch tasted smokey, otherwise it was just cheese.

Originally posted by curious aardvark View Post
                  Just shove the middle of the colander up and viola - cold smoker :-)
                  Brilliant - how'd you get it lit though ?
                  And how long did it burn for ?

sent via semaphore and carrier pigeon - three weeks ago.
                  I used a small propane torch to get it lit. I used my bbq to house the smoke because many of my test trials, I never allowed enough fresh air in and I was choking out the burn. I think I managed to get almost 3 hours of consistent smoke.

Thanks for the replies.

Sent from my computer as my fat fingers aren't getting along with my cell phones autocorrect.
                  Greg

*~*~*~*~*~*

AMSPS & AMSTS

Comment

That pic was from your phone? when I post from tapatalk it looks like this.......

Comment

Here

Sent from a cell phone that is way cooler than yours!! Eat It!! $

Comment

it uploads to tapatalk servers wont let me upload it here but i hate the pic server here so its cool.

Comment

Working...
                        X