Patriots Day 2009 McLouth KS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Patriots Day 2009 McLouth KS

Saturday April 18TH was Patriots Day in McLouth KS. Where we honor the military, veterans, firefighters and law enforcement. I had the pleasure of doing the BBQ grill for all the parade participants and volunteers. It was just hamburgers, hot dogs and polish sausage. There were 418 people to be cooked for and the refreshment fund wouldn't cover anything but that. So at least I got asked to do this much for them. Never done an event for that many people, not a fun thing to do after it was said and done. Tried to upload these pictures ealier to photobucket but ran into problems with the upload. My wife didn't take any pictures of the meal, jut the parade. But Bubba I am telling ya I did it. Made some progress with the town folk, none of them had ever used R.O. Lump before, hard to believe but there it was.

So here is the first pic. This is the Commanders Mounted Color Guard from FT. Riley KS

The firefighters color guard;

The bagpipes;

George Washington and Paul Revere ride again;

Finally, the McLouth KS -- Bulldogs Marching Band;

So I take this time again to thank all current active duty, reserve and national guard members, veterans of all 5 branches, firefighters and law enforcement for your service to country and community.
    sigpic

Thanks for the pics... Thanked a few this morning at breakfast..
    Ken

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

Comment

Ey, a fine lookin parade! That be alotta folk ta cook fer to!

From the look a the sky, yall get we down there? Hope it held off fer ya.
      sigpic

Comment

Rain came before the parade, stopped raining just about an hour and a half before the start. Lot of people, but we borrowed the grill from the school. Years ago one of the maintenance guys took some 1/4" steel and expanded metal and made a grill 6' long. They have been using it ever since to make lunch for the kids in the early fall and late spring. It was kind of neat getting all of it filled with glowing lump. But it put out a lot of heat. Plus filling 3/4 with burgers and the rest with hotdogs and polish sausage was something else. Once they started cooking it took 3 of us to do the flipping and pulling so nothing would burn. At first I thought I had gotten the worst part of feeding everybody. Then I got to thinking about the ladies that had to make all the potato salad, beans, deviled eggs, fruit salad and rolls.
        sigpic

Comment

David, that looks great. Thanks for the pics.

So I take this time again to thank all current active duty, reserve and national guard members, veterans of all 5 branches, firefighters and law enforcement for your service to country and community.
          A big Thanks from me too!
          jeanie

http://cowgirlscountry.blogspot.com/

Comment

great support for the local heros... good job David... I thank them everytime I see them...

sigpic

Comment

Since I have worn both military and civilian uniforms, your welcome Jeannie and JB. A thank you and a parade is all that is needed. Both of those feel better than anything else we receive in life.
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X