Quad butt smoke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quad butt smoke

Wanted to try some new rubs and injections, so I bought some butts for a great weather smoke while doing yard work. So I made up 4 different rubs, and a couple diff injections. each but is marked differently so I can keep track of the taste differences.

2 of these butts are bpi's, my usual source(packing house), they are the taller thicker butts. the other two are a different source, and they are the flatter ones. I will not be using them again if I can help it.

They are the front right and back left butts. this is at 1 1/2 hrs into the smoke.

I did n't have time for pulled pics, I did them during the intermissions of the hockey game and before the race. I did get one more pic at the 4 hr mark.

all the butts came off at the 9 hr mark, were smoked at 245-265, and when they came off, they were at 198,203,205, and 206 internal. rested for 2 hrs.

some oak in the smoke, butt mostly cherry, with about 25% apple.

I did find a rub that was my favorite, and also one that I won't use in the future.

Thanks for checkin it out!
    Lang 60 Mobile deluxe

Captain-N-Smoke BBQ Team(retired)

Man they look great!
    Sunset Eagle Aviation
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

They all look nice. Love the experiments on the rubs. Always good to not get to hooked on one.

thanks for sharing.

Comment

Lookin good like always Dan! Gonna share with us what NOT to do?
        Lang 84 Deluxe (sold it, broke my heart)
        Weber Performer
        Weber 22.5" OTG
        Weber Q Tabletop Gasser
        Bunch of Sausage Makin' Kit
        Big Azz BBQ Concession Trailer
        BBQ Food Truck

Comment

Nicely Done

Pete
          Large BGE
          Char Broil Tru-Infrared Commercial series

Comment

The one rub, I didn't like was the famous "Magic Dust". This is the second time I have tried it on butts, and have also used it on ribs. It's ok on ribs, but I have many other better rubs IMO for butts.

The injections are only used for special occassions, or comps. There is only a small difference on the taste, more a texture thing for me.
            Lang 60 Mobile deluxe

Captain-N-Smoke BBQ Team(retired)

Comment

Working...
            X