Sea Scallops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sea Scallops

Went to BJ's the other day and they expanded the fish section. I had my eyes on these sea scallops but this little pack was $14. I think a little over a pound. I picked them up and put them down about 4 times.

It finally occured to me that I haven't had scallops in years and I can only eat 4 or 5 anyway so this would make at least 4 meals for me and Jessie so that only comes out to $3.50 per meal so that's a pretty good deal. I bought them.

Now what to do with them .... You know it's gonna be something sort of Italian so here goes ...

First I have to have some veggies - just my thing they had some of those cute little colored peppers, nice big mushrooms and beautiful fresh green onions. Mushrooms onion and peppers - always a good place to start in my kitchen.

I decided on a pasta dish. These things are so rich they fill you up in seconds so I went with angel hair and added some green onion to the water because I will use some of the water for the sauce.

The sause starts out a plain butter flour Roux, I want a white sauce so I didn't brown the flour. Then added about a tablespoon of garlic paste, the green onion, juilienned peppers, garlic paste, basil, salt and pepper and got them going. At the very end I added the sliced mushrooms.

The scallops were lightly dredged in flour, basil, oregano, garlic, salt and pepper then pan fried the scallops in EVOO.

Just before the scallops are removed I scoop them to one side and put in a big dolup of butter and one finely diced garlic clove. Melt it and slightly brown the butter and stir in the scallops.

Put a small pile of pasta on the plate, pout over some sauce and veggies, and add the scallops. Take a spoon of the galric butter juice and spill it over the scallops. Not to much or it might taste greasy.

Do I have to say it was delicious?
    Smokers:
    ECB -The Brinkman All-In-One Bullet type Water smoker aka -Baby Bink)Camp Chef Smoke Vault 24 Inch propane smoke (aka -Black Beauty)
    SunJoy horizontal with left side firebox (aka - Lefty Lucy)
    River Grille - Black Ceramic Egg (aka Black Egg)

Smoke preference:Combination of Charcoal, Hickory, Apple, Cherry & Pecan wood.

That looks phenomonal. Scallops are one of my favorites, especially done right like these were. for you when I can re-load!
    Don

Humphrey's Pint
    Weber Smokey Mountain 18.5"
    Weber Performer (Black Top, Stainless Steel Table Edition circa 2005)
    Blackstone Professional Series 36" Griddle
    Weber Spirit SP-310 Gas Grill
    Anova One Sous Vide
    AMPS
    Purple Thermapen
    Maverick ET-733
    DigIQ DX2
    Misfit #1674

sigpic

Comment

Thank you darlin' !
      Smokers:
      ECB -The Brinkman All-In-One Bullet type Water smoker aka -Baby Bink)Camp Chef Smoke Vault 24 Inch propane smoke (aka -Black Beauty)
      SunJoy horizontal with left side firebox (aka - Lefty Lucy)
      River Grille - Black Ceramic Egg (aka Black Egg)

Smoke preference:Combination of Charcoal, Hickory, Apple, Cherry & Pecan wood.

Comment

Originally posted by DeejayDebi View Post
        Went to BJ's the other day and they expanded the fish section. I had my eyes on these sea scallops but this little pack was $14. I think a little over a pound. I picked them up and put them down about 4 times.

It finally occured to me that I haven't had scallops in years and I can only eat 4 or 5 anyway so this would make at least 4 meals for me and Jessie so that only comes out to $3.50 per meal so that's a pretty good deal. I bought them.

Now what to do with them .... You know it's gonna be something sort of Italian so here goes ...

First I have to have some veggies - just my thing they had some of those cute little colored peppers, nice big mushrooms and beautiful fresh green onions. Mushrooms onion and peppers - always a good place to start in my kitchen.

I decided on a pasta dish. These things are so rich they fill you up in seconds so I went with angel hair and added some green onion to the water because I will use some of the water for the sauce.

The sause starts out a plain butter flour Roux, I want a white sauce so I didn't brown the flour. Then added about a tablespoon of garlic paste, the green onion, juilienned peppers, garlic paste, basil, salt and pepper and got them going. At the very end I added the sliced mushrooms.

The scallops were lightly dredged in flour, basil, oregano, garlic, salt and pepper then pan fried the scallops in EVOO.

Just before the scallops are removed I scoop them to one side and put in a big dolup of butter and one finely diced garlic clove. Melt it and slightly brown the butter and stir in the scallops.

Put a small pile of pasta on the plate, pout over some sauce and veggies, and add the scallops. Take a spoon of the galric butter juice and spill it over the scallops. Not to much or it might taste greasy.

Do I have to say it was delicious?

Deb, you dont have to say a word. I absolutly love seafood pasta dishes!!! and that looks loke something that belongs on my plate... I tell ya, you dont mess around posting mediocre stuff. when you post, i know its worth checking into!

on edit points police have all me points tied up.....

and on re-edit... they let some out on bond!!!
        Last edited by erain; 11-01-2011, 02:39 AM.
        Charbroil SFB
        GOSM
        MES
        Dutch Ovens and other CI
        Little Chief, Big Chief, No Name water smoker
        Weber 22" gold, Smokey Joe, WSM 22"

Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head

sigpic

Comment

very pretty- hope ya got yer epi pen handy...........

i would have starved to death or shoveled out if i was allergic to seafood.. 5th gen & when were broke...............shrimp, crustacean,fish,, bleach... but i still love shimp, anytime,everytime,all the time.......
          brink vertical charcoal(the carp)
          18" old smokey charcoal grill/smoker
          cast iron Hibachi
          22" Kettle w/ "Smoke-EZ" styled riser extension
          & rotisserator
          12x7 wells cargo vending trailer(mods in progress)
          stuffer,slicer & more carp than i can fit in it...
          Marshall amps & various awesome guitars,drums,P.A.,etc.recording studio.....

Blues-N-Cues Concessions & Catering
          http://blues-n-cuesbbq.com/
          my music recordings-
          http://www.reverbnation.com/rlcltd

Comment

Daayuuum!That looks awesome.
            sigpic

Certified Sausage Head

Comment

That's some fine looking scallops Deb...reminds me I'm about due for a BJ's run myself.
              sigpic

Smoked-Meat certified Sausagehead

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1443745685

Comment

Man..wish I could eat those... one of the few things that gives me trouble allergy wise. And I LOVE them.... arrggh! Looks great Mom
                In God I trust- All others pay cash...
                Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
                Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Love scallops. One of my all time favorite sea foods. And you sure treated yours like royalty. Nicely done Deb
                  JT

Comment

very nice , I love scallops this is on the to-do list for sure thanks Debi
                    sigpicbrinkman pitmaster deluxe
                    members mark upright propane smoker
                    kingsford bbq
                    23"weber kettle

Comment

Award winning in my book....but, rather it be in da mouth!!
                      www.nopigleftbehind.com
                      -----------------------------

Comment

Beautiful meal, Deb!
                        Becky

https://www.facebook.com/jennie.r.smith.77?ref=tn_tnmn

Weber 22.5" One Touch Gold Kettle - Black
                        Weber 22.5" One Touch Gold Kettle - Copper
                        1993 Weber 22.5" Master Touch Kettle - Red
                        Weber 18.5" One Touch Silver Kettle - Budweiser
                        Weber Smokey Joe
                        Multiple Dutch Ovens and other Cast Iron
                        Pink Thermapen
                        Purple Thermapen

Comment

That's beautiful Mom!! WOW!!!

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

love scallops - never thought to dredge them through seasoned flour though.
                            for that

but I gotta say portion wise - what you have there is a starter
                            So I'll take 3 please :-)
                            Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
                            Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

That looks delicious!!!! But I have to agree with CA. I WANT MORE!!!!!!!
                              Stay thirsty my friends!!

Comment

Working...
                              X