lamb breast, ?fail?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lamb breast, ?fail?

summer before last for the first time ive seen lamb at my walmart and at a price i could buy some, no doubt that lamb meat is great but i think i could have done a better job.
    maby trim some of the fat off would have made it less greasy, i would defiantly try it again tho maby with a different methed or such.

my Q-view pics on photobucket
    http://s193.photobucket.com/albums/z...ish483/Q-view/

Personally, I am not a lamb fan ...... So I am behind all the rest of y'all in experience in cooking it...... That said, what are you cooking on/in Chris & what temps are you cooking at..... To me, it looks like maybe you needa higher temp to render out some of the fat.... I did 6 racks of baby back ribs over the summer on a a cook that turned out "OK", after 7 hours 215-225 average temps (foiling after 3 hours I think it was)............... They tasted great & seasoning & smoke were on (Mad Hunky & Pecan) & folks all liked them and such.... But to me, they were too greasy & cooked too low...... My temps ran too low and I know it now..... Funny what a little increase in temps will do..
    sigpic

Comment

I've only ever done a leg of lamb. Roasted over coals w/ a rotisserie. And I like lamb a lot(so factor that in to my opinion). But from that second pic it looks like some of fat needs to be trimmed off. All that said using the same pic as a reference the meat looks pretty good.

Comment

off hand i dont remember the smoking details, with alittle luck i might be able to find that info.
        the meat wasn't tuff at all, quite tender, and the first time i had ever had lamb, (that i know of) but it was a flavor that i liked.
        my Q-view pics on photobucket
        http://s193.photobucket.com/albums/z...ish483/Q-view/

Comment

bear in mind that breast of lamb is the equivalent of pork belly.
          So not a cut I would personally ever try and roast.
          For roasting you either want acrown, leg or shoulder (and shoulders are pretty fatty themselves)

In fact the only thing I think breats of lamb is good for is to add lambyness (must be a real word) to sausage.
          boerwors and my moraccan stlye sausages I use it for.

I guess the only other thing it might be of use for is to make lamb streaky bacon :-)
          Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
          Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

Working...
          X