Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weekend Update....... What's Cookin Smoked-Meat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weekend Update....... What's Cookin Smoked-Meat?

Just got done with work & it's 5:00 on the Left coast. Gonna hit a shower, then grab a beer or 30. Storm moving in with colder temps & wind. Don't feel like going outside tonight to tend a smoker .......Got 2 butts, wings, thighs, 12# sirloins & a full pork loin sitting in the fridge but feeling lazy

So, what are the non-lazy folks doing tonight & this weekend
    sigpic

Well, you've already seen the undertaking I have for tomorrow. The sirloin sounds phenomonal. Been a while for me! Just thinking about it makes me drool! I've already started beers, so I'm a few up on you for the night!
    Don

Humphrey's Pint
    Weber Smokey Mountain 18.5"
    Weber Performer (Black Top, Stainless Steel Table Edition circa 2005)
    Blackstone Professional Series 36" Griddle
    Weber Spirit SP-310 Gas Grill
    Anova One Sous Vide
    AMPS
    Purple Thermapen
    Maverick ET-733
    DigIQ DX2
    Misfit #1674

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tadowdaddy View Post
      Well, you've already seen the undertaking I have for tomorrow. The sirloin sounds phenomonal. Been a while for me! Just thinking about it makes me drool! I've already started beers, so I'm a few up on you for the night!
      ..... I'm pretty good at catchin up
      sigpic

Comment

Lazy or not, ya just caint leave your meat hangin like that. I aint cookin diddly squat. Gotta head north tomorrow and try to fill a 10 yard dumpster I had dropped of at my dads old place, Sounds like a good feast soon at the fishawns place though.

Originally posted by Fishawn View Post
        Just got done with work & it's 5:00 on the Left coast. Gonna hit a shower, then grab a beer or 30. Storm moving in with colder temps & wind. Don't feel like going outside tonight to tend a smoker .......Got 2 butts, wings, thighs, 12# sirloins & a full pork loin sitting in the fridge but feeling lazy

So, what are the non-lazy folks doing tonight & this weekend

Comment

You do sooo well picking up my slack SGB! Me I'm off to the races! Phoenix baby here we come!
          Have a great weekend all! SGB pix to follow :)

The only one on the block with the super fastest turbo charged

Comment

Originally posted by Bbqgoddess View Post
            You do sooo well picking up my slack SGB! Me I'm off to the races! Phoenix baby here we come!
            Have a great weekend all! SGB pix to follow :)
            Best if ya don't make any M&M cookies.... To tailgate...
            Sunset Eagle Aviation
            https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

Originally posted by Slanted88 View Post
              Best if ya don't make any M&M cookies.... To tailgate...
              Thats funny shit right there Mike! lol!!!!! if Joe Gibbs wasn't such a stand up guy, old KB would be out of a JOB!

The only one on the block with the super fastest turbo charged

Comment

Originally posted by Bbqgoddess View Post
                pix to follow :)
                sigpic

Comment

Damn buzzards are every where

It sounds like Im doin a couple of chuckies tomorrow for some good friends of ours who lost their 28 year old son in a violent car crash yesterday...I know this wont change a thing in thier world but maybe it will lighten the load as the days go by...God bless...

Sunday...maybe Ill smoke up some stuff for me and mine...
                  Craig
                  sigpic

Comment

Winter has settled into the Pacific NW. To damn windy/rainy plus I have a wicked cold. So I will be ordering a pizza and watching football.

Comment

Brining a half a Loin.With Rich's Brine.And slathering with T-Bone Tim's Applesauce Glaze.And Rubbed with MH.Not necessarily in that order.
                      sigpic

Certified Sausage Head

Comment

Originally posted by SMOKE FREAK View Post
                        Damn buzzards are every where

It sounds like Im doin a couple of chuckies tomorrow for some good friends of ours who lost their 28 year old son in a violent car crash yesterday...I know this wont change a thing in thier world but maybe it will lighten the load as the days go by...God bless...

Sunday...maybe Ill smoke up some stuff for me and mine...
                        sorry to hear about your friends and their tragic loss... condolences etc... you doing a fine thing for them Craig...
                        Charbroil SFB
                        GOSM
                        MES
                        Dutch Ovens and other CI
                        Little Chief, Big Chief, No Name water smoker
                        Weber 22" gold, Smokey Joe, WSM 22"

Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head

sigpic

Comment

just about to start a double batch of the shrimp pickle - outside, on the induction plate. sure it's dark and cold - but it's not raining ! (first time this week).

What am I going to actually eat ?
                          not a frigging clue lol
                          might light a fire in the smoker while I'm outside. Sausage, shrimp maybe (oh yeah and the pheasants). Hell it's only 17:17, didn't eat supper untill 23:30 yesterday :-)
                          the night is young lol
                          Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
                          Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

Mussels. 2 pounds.

Fine dice:
                            1 Roma tomato, de-seeded
                            2 cloves garlic
                            2 scallions
                            .5 stick butter
                            Tbsp parsley
                            tsp Oregano
                            Juice of half a lemon

All into pot, heat to JUST BROWN garlic

Add mussels and coat with hot mix, then add 1 cup white dry wine, turn up heat to simmer and cover for 4 mins.

Strain pot out, set solids off to side covered to keep hot and reduce remaining pot contents about a third, pour back over mussels, coat with fine grate parm cheese- and serve with garlic bread.
                            In God I trust- All others pay cash...
                            Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
                            Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Chinese chicken wings, based off a modification of the Ableman wing recipe for pinball league tonight.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X