DWBB Recipe Amt. for church social?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DWBB Recipe Amt. for church social?

I am making Dutch's Wicked Baked Beans as part of the Wednesday night Fellowship meal. Count is around 100-110. A little heavier on the older population but plenty of young and younger people. Will be having Large beef hot dogs with slaw, chips and all the fixings. I am trying to decide on how many times to multiply this recipe. Right now I am figuring 12 servings per 1 recipe. So, thinking 10x the original recipe amounts. Hey, it's never bad to have some leftovers, right? Any suggestions or ideas?
    Thanks,
    Dan
    AKA "GTL"

Get Busy Livin' or Get Busy Dyin"

Weber 22 1/2" Gold
    3405 GOSM
    sigpic

I doubled the recipe for a group of 60 and had plenty. We had lots of other sides as well. I suppose it will depend on how much other foods you will have. But I really think 10X is more than just a wee bit to much.

hope that helped a little

Comment

Well...figuring an average serving size of what, a half cup? How does that translate to the recipe? That's 4 liquid Oz. BTW...

Soo..looking at the recipe... I'm roughly figgering 70 Oz. soo... 17 servings at a half cup. Some folk ain't gonna eat beans, some will have a cup. It should even out

The math leads me to about a 6X recipe. Leftovers should be plenty with a 7X.
      In God I trust- All others pay cash...
      Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
      Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

i full size catering pan = 2 #10 cans of beans (plus ingredients) will feed 60 easy.

Comment

#10 can = 55oz.? This will be the main side besides the slaw. OK, ne thinking. I'm figuring 6 oz per serving. Approx 80 oz in recipe. So approx 13-14 per recipe. to feed 100-110, i am leaning toward 8x. Just don't want to run short (big no-no).
          Dan
          AKA "GTL"

Weber 22 1/2" Gold
          3405 GOSM
          sigpic

Comment

Found it. #10 can = 100 oz or ~3 quarts. Going to multiply by 6. Hopefully will have some leftovers.
            Dan
            AKA "GTL"

Weber 22 1/2" Gold
            3405 GOSM
            sigpic

Comment

Better to have too much than not enough. Good luck, have fun!
              KCBS/CBJ #56408

"Sticks and stones will break your bones, but words will always teach you." -Shihan

Comment

Working...
              X