Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Saturday Afternoon...... Could Not Help Meself.... Must Be The Full Moon????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saturday Afternoon...... Could Not Help Meself.... Must Be The Full Moon????

Found a couple Blue Weber kettles on CL last night ....... The first one is a 18" Gold Alaskan Brewing Co. model that is missing the ash catcher.... The gal said it was the 22" model & when I showed up to look at it, it turned out to be the 18" model..... So I told her thanks, but I was looking for the 22" model & started walking away.... She said, well you can have it if you want it & at first I declined stating I had too much shit on my patio & shop, then I thought, WTF am I saying & gladly wheeled it home. It has taken a pretty good fall in the past & had a good sized paint chip dent, but other than that appeared pretty nice.

The second one was the one I was more excited about..... The guy did not know much about it other than it was Blue, in good shape, said Weber on it & had some other stuff inside..... It turned out to be a wood handled Gold "Master Touch" or some name like that. I had seen a few of them at the Weber fans site, but not too many. It has the lid cradle (which looks to be pretty cool), gold ash catch system, the hinged grate & a thermo built into the lid/handle & maybe some other stuff on it, I have not been able to really check it out yet. It also came with a nice Weber chimney starter, charcoal divider thingies & an extra grate..... $35..... I think this may be the one that I put all the good stuff on & use..... My "daily driver" It has a bent leg, so I may just order new parts for whatever it needs.

Managed to light a kettle & throw on a couple sirloins & chicken breasts & Mad Hunky baked home fries.... (Corn, salad & French bread were absent at picture day)

sigpic

i think they have a local chapter of KA (kettleaholics anonymous) right around the corner from you... let me see if i can find the number....

just kidding my friend, great score.
    Island of Misfit Smokers Member #92

How to heal the world. Love people and feed them tasty food.

sigpic

Comment

Nice score and that website,rocks.Ducks are still up just sayin'
      sigpic

Certified Sausage Head

Comment

Yeah those wimmen... "Sure babe...this is |---| 8 inches..."

The wife was planting flowers once many moons ago. I was out working, she goes in my office for a ruler as the flowers wanted to be 10" apart.

I come home to find my precision METRIC calipers covered in dirt, and the flowers EXACTLY 4" apart. Sigh.
        In God I trust- All others pay cash...
        Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
        Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Originally posted by Richtee View Post
          Yeah those wimmen... "Sure babe...this is |---| 8 inches..."

The wife was planting flowers once many moons ago. I was out working, she goes in my office for a ruler as the flowers wanted to be 10" apart.

I come home to find my precision METRIC calipers covered in dirt, and the flowers EXACTLY 4" apart. Sigh.
          ..... Want something done right, ya gots to do it yourself AND STAY OUTTA MY SHTUFF!!!!!
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Fishawn View Post
            AND STAY OUTTA MY SHTUFF!!!!!
            Oh I brought THAT lesson home allrighty.
            Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
            Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Originally posted by Richtee View Post
              Oh I brought THAT lesson home allrighty.
              ...... Everyone is ok, EXCEPT my almost 8 year old.... He's constantly in my tools, etc..... Strung out all over the yard, house, garage, shop, etc..... I've almost given up on cleaning up after him
              sigpic

Comment

All that Weber goodness.

Your my Dad Fish.
                Chargriller Pro w. sfb
                Ducane 4100 propane grill
                Brinkman Electric

Member # 200

Comment

Originally posted by lynsey123 View Post
                  All that Weber goodness.

Your my Dad Fish.
                  I'm a Hoe Herb.... I admit it.... That is the first step I think
                  sigpic

Comment

Fishawn buddy you are straight up addicted to WEBER! No two ways about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishawn View Post
                      I'm a Hoe Herb.... I admit it.... That is the first step I think
                      Second...you came to believe that a Weber could restore you to good Q...

Comment

Great Job Scott, and awesome score, as I type with one finger!
                        Don

Humphrey's Pint
                        Weber Smokey Mountain 18.5"
                        Weber Performer (Black Top, Stainless Steel Table Edition circa 2005)
                        Blackstone Professional Series 36" Griddle
                        Weber Spirit SP-310 Gas Grill
                        Anova One Sous Vide
                        AMPS
                        Purple Thermapen
                        Maverick ET-733
                        DigIQ DX2
                        Misfit #1674

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by crusty ol salt View Post
                          i think they have a local chapter of KA (kettleaholics anonymous) right around the corner from you... let me see if i can find the number....

Fish, it's time for a new family picture, don't you think?
                          Becky

https://www.facebook.com/jennie.r.smith.77?ref=tn_tnmn

Weber 22.5" One Touch Gold Kettle - Black
                          Weber 22.5" One Touch Gold Kettle - Copper
                          1993 Weber 22.5" Master Touch Kettle - Red
                          Weber 18.5" One Touch Silver Kettle - Budweiser
                          Weber Smokey Joe
                          Multiple Dutch Ovens and other Cast Iron
                          Pink Thermapen
                          Purple Thermapen

Comment

Good justification for that "larger patio"...maybe some nameless chap could give you some suggestions (I didn't poke that bear!)
                            BBQ Eng.

The "Cow Girls" were adopted from the shelter, and found on petfinder.com.
                            Adopt a homeless pet - http://www.petfinder.com
                            I built the Iron Maiden - Iron Maiden Smoker Build

Over 5000 unreadable posts...Photobucket can kiss my ass...they will never get a dime. I will not pay a ransom.

Comment

Hehehehe. I'm feeling ya my brutha. I just ordered a bunch of parts for the two I got a while back on CL for next to nothing. Upgrading the grate to the one like you have, the hinged one. I look on CL almost every day for Webers. Sure would like to score some of the blue ones like you have!

Comment

Working...
                              X