Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fast food/Comfort food with a little hunky to top it off.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fast food/Comfort food with a little hunky to top it off.

Erains post the other day absolutely made me drool
    To me, there are few things that can compete with wild game, especially venison. Tonight was a very busy nite here at the compound. Parent teacher talks, then we had tuition classes for the oldest offspring so we didn't get to cookin till late. With that said, I took 2 hunks of backstrap and cut them into medallions and gave them a light dusting of Mad Hunky, (courtesy of BBQ Engineer ). Broke out the cast iron pan, melted a big of bacon grease and gave them a nice browning. The family does not like their meat red at all (damn commies), so I had to cook them a bit more than I cared too. After they were done, I set them in foil and let them rest. While they did, I took some green onions and fried them up right quick. After that, I de-glazed the pan with some red zinfandel, cooked it down a bit and used that as a drizzle over the meat and as a gravy for the taters from the garden. Plated with Yukon taters and some cream style corn. Nothing too fancy, but good comfort food. Thanks for lookin.

Hitting the cast iron with mad hunky sprinkled on top.

I gotta work on my presentation plates. Gordon Ramsey would slap me silly for all them dribbles.
    https://youtu.be/ZcqprrIlbcIli

Yeah...you gotta work on presentin' one to ME! Shitdayummfire that looks good.
    In God I trust- All others pay cash...
    Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
    Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Originally posted by Meat Hunter View Post
      To me, there are few things that can compete with wild game, especially venison.
      Broke out the cast iron pan, melted a big of bacon grease and gave them a nice browning. The family does not like their meat red at all (damn commies), so I had to cook them a bit more than I cared too. After they were done, I set them in foil and let them rest. While they did, I took some green onions and fried them up right quick. After that, I de-glazed the pan with some red zinfandel, cooked it down a bit and used that as a drizzle over the meat and as a gravy for the taters from the garden. Plated with Yukon taters and some cream style corn. Nothing too fancy, but good comfort food. Thanks for lookin.

Hitting the cast iron with mad hunky sprinkled on top.

I gotta work on my presentation plates. Gordon Ramsey would slap me silly for all them dribbles.
      who cares what gordan thinks about a plate like this... you gotta get them commies adjusted to med rare on these fine steaks... almost a sin to take them any further than med at the most... outta puntas man, owe ya...
      Charbroil SFB
      GOSM
      MES
      Dutch Ovens and other CI
      Little Chief, Big Chief, No Name water smoker
      Weber 22" gold, Smokey Joe, WSM 22"

Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head

sigpic

Comment

Hell yeah! That's a plate of awesome right there.
        BBQ Eng.

The "Cow Girls" were adopted from the shelter, and found on petfinder.com.
        Adopt a homeless pet - http://www.petfinder.com
        I built the Iron Maiden - Iron Maiden Smoker Build

Over 5000 unreadable posts...Photobucket can kiss my ass...they will never get a dime. I will not pay a ransom.

Comment

Hell to the yeah MH, that's real purty!!

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Dang it man! I don't care for venison (long story, grew up eating it EVERYDAY) but that looks awesome sir! I may have to give it a try again one day. You sure tempting me brutha! Your presentation looks just fine to me. I could lick that corn right off the plate.

Comment

Outstanding plate of goodness, Todd. Fortunately for me, I can get away with medium rare and my wife and I just tear it up. Wish I had some of that for breakfast.
              sigpic
              Smoke Vault 24

Comment

puntas available!!!
                Charbroil SFB
                GOSM
                MES
                Dutch Ovens and other CI
                Little Chief, Big Chief, No Name water smoker
                Weber 22" gold, Smokey Joe, WSM 22"

Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head

sigpic

Comment

Not a big veni fan, but the plate looks fantastic
                  sigpic

Comment

Sure looks good from here......
                    sigpic

Comment

Ohhhh Man, dat luk guud!!!! I gots a t-loin defrostin for a pastrami project, might hafta butter shroom an onion in some CI the end bits!
                      On edit points police says I don got none to give.
                      Mark
                      sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
                      Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

Comment

Masterbuilt Stainless Steel 40"
                        Weber 22.5" WSM
                        Weber Performer W/rotisserie X2
                        Weber 22.5" Kettle Silver
                        Weber 22.5" Kettle Gold
                        Weber 1990 22.5" 3 Wheeler
                        Weber 18.5" Kettle
                        Weber 18.5" Bud Light Kettle
                        Weber Smokey Joe
                        GMG Daniel Boone
                        Pit Barrel Cooker
                        Maverick ET 73 and ET 732
                        6X8 A Maze N Smoker and Tube Smoker
                        Fastest Themapen on the market BLACK
                        The Vortex

Comment

Whoa, whoa, whoa.....you did what to those fine pieces of meat? Just give the rest of it to me, and I'll show you how it should be done. Lol.

It's ok. My mother was one of those who thought meat had to be cooked until shoe leather to kill any germs. Wasn't until I moved out and started cooking for myself that I found out how good venison really is.
                          S-M Misfit #16

If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy. ~ Red Green

It's a shame stupidity isn't painful.

GOSM Propane
                          CharGriller Kamado Cooker "The Akorn"
                          New Braunfels Bandera
                          UniFlame Gas Grill
                          Lil Chief

Comment

If he does I'll kick his arse - can't stand that foul mouthed scumbag.

venison looks pretty good to me

Meat doesn't have to be still moving to be edible

I like medium rare but I'll eat it at every stage from raw to well done. And those steaks look plenty juicy to me
                            Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
                            Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

Working...
                            X