Saturday Tailgate Party!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saturday Tailgate Party!!

Going tailgating this saturday, was asked to do some pulled pork and some beef for the party. Decided to start them today, and just heat up on game day, so I'm not rushing or up all night before. Got a 7lb butt, and about the same for the beef. Never smoked a beef roast before, got chuck roasts (english shoulder?), biggest they had was 3.5lb, so got 2. Got all the meat rubbed with some MH love, and a little brown sugar. Got them on the smoker a little past noon. I just hope the beef turns out as good as my pork always does. Will update during the process.
    Attached Files

Great start!!
    Becky

https://www.facebook.com/jennie.r.smith.77?ref=tn_tnmn

Weber 22.5" One Touch Gold Kettle - Black
    Weber 22.5" One Touch Gold Kettle - Copper
    1993 Weber 22.5" Master Touch Kettle - Red
    Weber 18.5" One Touch Silver Kettle - Budweiser
    Weber Smokey Joe
    Multiple Dutch Ovens and other Cast Iron
    Pink Thermapen
    Purple Thermapen

Comment

Quick update...things are looking good, cooker temps are holding good considering it's about 35 outside. First pic is about an 1 1/2 hr in, second is about 4 1/2 hrs in. Pork is holding steady about 158, beef about 145, so far so good...Can't wait for my late night snack it might not make it to the game
      Attached Files

Comment

Man, that's gonna be good!

Comment

Lookin great!!!!!

Comment

Been a long night, been painting our kitchen, finally got it done though looks good. Now it's time to concentrate on my meat, pork wrapped and stalling out at about 177 Debating on wrapping the beef suggestions? like I said my first beef. Outside temps just hit about 25, I'm running strong at just under 250 Sure am glad I stocked up on lump today, I'm going through it quick trying to keep temps upNow it's time to relax and wait with an Adult beverage or 2, maybe 10
            Attached Files

Comment

Beef just hit 170, I went ahead and wrapped. Pork is at 195, I uncovered gonna pull it off in a few. Camera is on the charger, so no new pics yet.

Comment

Pork done and been resting, the beef, for some reason hit 185 then started to drop all the way down to 173 my pit temps were strong and steady, but the meat temp wouldn't go back up only had my digital, couldn't find any of my old style meat probes to see if it was just my digital or not. Any way, I pulled it off and it's resting now.
                Attached Files

Comment

Damn fine job... they look excellent!! How was the taste?

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Good stuff!
                    Sunset Eagle Aviation
                    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

Everything turned out good, I was worried about the beef being dry, but it turned out great, and everyone said that my pp was the best yet. It was a good time other than the outcome of the game and once again, the beer started flowing and I forgot to get pics

Comment

Looks Great & congrats on finishing your painting
                        sigpic

Comment

Too bad about the game, but sounds like everything under your control worked out great. Congrats
                          JT

Comment

Working...
                          X