Thanksgiving Cornacopia Pumpkin Puffs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanksgiving Cornacopia Pumpkin Puffs

I needed to make something for work for our Thankgiving lunch yesterday. I d wanted something pumpkin and want something with a nice light puffed pastry. I saw Ina Garden? 'The Barfoot Contesa' make a pie thing once using icecream cones as a mold so I thought I'd try that with the puffed pastry. It worked great! If you want a great little light dessert that is ridiculasly easy you have to try this. I worked late and so had to conpromise and use all store bought stuff so nothing is from scratch really but it really good anyway! Go figure?

here it is:

I decided to call these Pumpkin Cornacopia Puffs or Cornacopia Pumpkin Puffs

Here's the scoop

You need
    1 box of 12 pointy icecream cones
    2 packages of puff pastry
    2 boxes of instant vanilla pudding (or make your own and let it firm up overnight)
    about 2 cups of Libby pumpkin that comes in the can
    1-1/2 cups of milk
    1 teaspoon vanilla
    1 packet of Dream Whip or about 2 cups of some kind of whipped cream
    cinnamin
    confectionary sugar
    non stick spray
    flour

The major players here are icecream cones and puff pastry dough

Take the icecream cones and wrap them in tin foil then spray them with non stick spray

lay puff dough flat on a floured counter and cut it into little strips. Should make about 12 per sheet. When you unfold it it will have three sections cut each into 4 pieces.

Turn the oven on to 400F degrees
    Wrap the puff strip around the foiled cone and pinch the end a little (Thank you Ina Garden). They will look like little Cornicopias when they are cooked.

Bake the puff for about 12 to 15 minutes until golden brown

While they are cooking mix the vanilla pudding, milk, punkin and vanilla until it thickens up. and chill. Whisk up Dream Whip then fold into punpkin pudding mixture and chill iuntil ready to use. Taste it and see you you want more sugar I thought the pudding was plenty sweet enough for me.

When the puffs are cold you can stuff them. I just take a plastic bag and put a few tablespoon of the filling in the bag and cut off a corner. Squeeze slowly so it don't spill out everywhere.

Once they are all filled add some confectionary sugar and cinnamin to a screen of some sort. I always use my tea bells it works great for this. Just lightly tap and sprinkle cinnamin suagr on the puffs.

Cornicopia Puffs all done. It made 48 puffs but they are light and easy to eat so make a lot of them! They are really good and easy to make. I hope I remembered everything I did cuz I want to do this again.

Smokers:
    ECB -The Brinkman All-In-One Bullet type Water smoker aka -Baby Bink)Camp Chef Smoke Vault 24 Inch propane smoke (aka -Black Beauty)
    SunJoy horizontal with left side firebox (aka - Lefty Lucy)
    River Grille - Black Ceramic Egg (aka Black Egg)

Smoke preference:Combination of Charcoal, Hickory, Apple, Cherry & Pecan wood.

awesome idea!

those look super delicious!
    sigpic

Comment

Now that's about the coolest thing I've seen in awhile. Guess who will be making some of these. Thanks Debi.
      sigpic
      Smoke Vault 24

Comment

That is just too cool Deb. What a great idea.
        https://youtu.be/ZcqprrIlbcIli

Comment

Outstanding
          sigpic

Comment

Excellent stuff Debi!
            Mark
            sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
            Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

Comment

and folks that is exactly why we call her MOM! that is an awesome dessert mom! I am stealing that for Thanksgiving! thank you for the post!

The only one on the block with the super fastest turbo charged

Comment

Originally posted by Bbqgoddess View Post
                and folks that is exactly why we call her MOM! that is an awesome dessert mom! I am stealing that for Thanksgiving! thank you for the post!
                That's why I posted it as soon as they got eatten. The easy desert I ever made by accident sort of!

I am thinking the same mousse thing for pumpkin cannolis but maybe with shaved chocolate or those tiny chips?
                Smokers:
                ECB -The Brinkman All-In-One Bullet type Water smoker aka -Baby Bink)Camp Chef Smoke Vault 24 Inch propane smoke (aka -Black Beauty)
                SunJoy horizontal with left side firebox (aka - Lefty Lucy)
                River Grille - Black Ceramic Egg (aka Black Egg)

Smoke preference:Combination of Charcoal, Hickory, Apple, Cherry & Pecan wood.

Comment

Wow! Those look great, Deb!! Love the ice cream cone molds! Great idea!!
                  Becky

https://www.facebook.com/jennie.r.smith.77?ref=tn_tnmn

Weber 22.5" One Touch Gold Kettle - Black
                  Weber 22.5" One Touch Gold Kettle - Copper
                  1993 Weber 22.5" Master Touch Kettle - Red
                  Weber 18.5" One Touch Silver Kettle - Budweiser
                  Weber Smokey Joe
                  Multiple Dutch Ovens and other Cast Iron
                  Pink Thermapen
                  Purple Thermapen

Comment

Another winner Mom! You rock!!!
                    Where to Shop -
                    www.OwensBBQ.com

Follow Tatonka Dust on Facebook -
                    https://www.facebook.com/TatonkaDust

Comment

Man, I missed this, what a great idea Deb, thanks for sharing. The filling possibilities are endless. Can't wait to try this with anything chocolate. Mmmmmm......

Comment

Working...
                      X