Klose Call... Briskies and Pulled Porkage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Klose Call... Briskies and Pulled Porkage

I got a hankerin to fire up the Klose yesterday, and so I did!

Friday night, I prepped two pork butts, butt not in the traditional fashion. I made up a coffee molasses marinade and bagged the butts with this mixture. They got sent to the fridge for a long time out.

I also prepped two brisket flats by layering the flavors rather than use a rub. Kosher salt, granulated garlic, granulated onion, fresh ground black pepper, basil, thyme, rosemary, then another sprinkle of kosher salt. I wrapped them up and sent them to the fridge to join the butt sistas.

The Klose got fired up around 7am, using a bed of lump coals and splits of sugar maple. The meat was put on at 8am. I maintained a pretty constant 250 all day long, except when I lost me coal bed... walked away for a pee and came back to falling temps.

I started the briskies out fat cap up, squirting with apple juice/worchy mix. I let them go aboot 4 hours, then flipped them and into a foil pan, uncovered. Once the bark got to where I wanted it, I foiled the pans and let them go until the probe went in like butter, which was right around 190ish.

The butts got pretty much the same treatment, except I foiled them around 170. Unfortunately, when taking one of them into the house, I went to open the sliding glass door, and the damn aluminum pan buckled, which sent the roast flying! What a friggin mess that was! I did however, manage to save the roast... I pulled them, but it got really tired out, so I didn't reduce the marinade and add it to the mix. I'm doing that today.

I seem to be having camera issues again... I took a shitload of pictures, and was only able to download a few of them. I'm REALLY getting tired of this shit... here's a few shots of the final product...

Brisket:

Pork:

Thanks for looking!

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

looks excellent

couple of sub rolls and that pan there would be lunch !
    Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
    Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

Oh my
      Masterbuilt Stainless Steel 40"
      Weber 22.5" WSM
      Weber Performer W/rotisserie X2
      Weber 22.5" Kettle Silver
      Weber 22.5" Kettle Gold
      Weber 1990 22.5" 3 Wheeler
      Weber 18.5" Kettle
      Weber 18.5" Bud Light Kettle
      Weber Smokey Joe
      GMG Daniel Boone
      Pit Barrel Cooker
      Maverick ET 73 and ET 732
      6X8 A Maze N Smoker and Tube Smoker
      Fastest Themapen on the market BLACK
      The Vortex

Comment

Another quality cook by the Triple P. Hawg...have some !
        In God I trust- All others pay cash...
        Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
        Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Damn Phil,That looks awesome.
          sigpic

Certified Sausage Head

Comment

Like that p3 Like to have that whole tub to sit & watch this last race & Natty Up!
            Sunset Eagle Aviation
            https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

Beauty Px3 as alway.... Kinda want to see the roast splattered on the patio pics ... Is that bad of me?... ... Just kiddin pal...
              Last edited by Fishawn; 11-20-2011, 01:03 PM.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by curious aardvark View Post
                looks excellent

couple of sub rolls and that pan there would be lunch !
                Ohhhh yeah!!
                Originally posted by Doug S. View Post
                Oh my
                Glad I could make you drool...
                Originally posted by Richtee View Post
                Another quality cook by the Triple P. Hawg...have some !
                Thank you sir Rich!!
                Originally posted by Critterhunter View Post
                Damn Phil,That looks awesome.
                Thanks brutha!!
                Originally posted by Slanted88 View Post
                Like that p3 Like to have that whole tub to sit & watch this last race & Natty Up!
                Too bad we ain't closer... I'd be more than happy to share!
                Originally posted by Fishawn View Post
                Beauty Px3 as alway.... Kinda want to see the roast splattered on the patio pics... Is that bad of me?...lol... Just kiddin pal... POINTS coming!!
                Hehehee!! If it hadn't been so late when it happened, I would have gotten a shot of it. It really got tired out by that time...

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

You did bust your tail yesterday Phil! Looks great as always! Just throw a split in the fire box and let her rip..!! LOL Points my Friend job well done...!!!
                  " When you lose, don't lose the lesson "

Comment

Originally posted by Broke @ss Cooker View Post
                    You did bust your tail yesterday Phil! Looks great as always! Just throw a split in the fire box and let her rip..!! LOL Points my Friend job well done...!!!
                    Of all the things I have sold...I think I regret that Klose the most. Not very mobile, but one helluva cooker.
                    In God I trust- All others pay cash...
                    Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
                    Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Originally posted by Broke @ss Cooker View Post
                      Thank you me friend!!
                      Originally posted by Richtee View Post
                      Of all the things I have sold...I think I regret that Klose the most. Not very mobile, but one helluva cooker.
                      Rich, that sumbitch rocks... thanks!

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

That is a fine pit Px3 has fo sho. I'd love to cook on something like that someday.
                        sigpic

Comment

WOW, another beautiful smoke, Phil

I hear ya on the sliding door thing. Why isn't someone there to open the darn door for ya when ya need them. Even if they don't buckle, those aluminum pans get hot when you're trying to balance them and open a damn door.

Well the pictures you were able to download look spectacular as always.

Dave
                          CUHS Metal Shop Reverse Flow
                          UDS 1.0
                          Afterburner
                          Weber Performer
                          Blue Thermapen
                          Thermoworks Smoke with Gateway
                          Thermoworks Chef Alarm
                          Auber Smoker Controller
                          Proud Smoked-Meat Member #88
                          -
                          "All welcome, take what ya need, share what ya know. " -- Richtee, 12/2/2010

Comment

Looking good, real good!

Thanks for the coffee rub. Gonna give that a try fo sho.

Had 2 sisters in my high school we called the ButtSistas. Their other nicname was the meatloaf twins! Neither were into lettin the meatloaf?
                            "Because without beer, things do not seem to go as well"

Comment

Originally posted by Fishawn View Post
                              That is a fine pit Px3 has fo sho. I'd love to cook on something like that someday.
                              Scott, come to me house... I'll let ya fondle, cook, do what ever ya want with the Klose... Lucille is a sweetheart!
                              Originally posted by DDave View Post
                              WOW, another beautiful smoke, Phil
                              I hear ya on the sliding door thing. Why isn't someone there to open the darn door for ya when ya need them. Even if they don't buckle, those aluminum pans get hot when you're trying to balance them and open a damn door.

Well the pictures you were able to download look spectacular as always.

Dave
                              Dave, thank you me brutha!

Originally posted by Hippy View Post
                              Looking good, real good!

Thanks for the coffee rub. Gonna give that a try fo sho.

Had 2 sisters in my high school we called the ButtSistas. Their other nicname was the meatloaf twins! Neither were into lettin the meatloaf?
                              You gonna love it... Alton has his shit together!

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Working...
                              X