Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Saturday 11/26/2011....... What's Going On Now Thanskgiving & Black Friday Are Over?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saturday 11/26/2011....... What's Going On Now Thanskgiving & Black Friday Are Over?

I got a case of the lazy's and have not been fired up to do much lately. I got a 9.5# cryovaced pork loin sitting in the fridge I need to either cure for Canadian Bacon, or make into Pork Jerky, or both I think I gotta quit drinking that heavy holiday craft/micro beer, it's making me lazy

What's Going On For Your Saturday & Sunday?
    sigpic

Hehehehe. You a silly boy Scott. I'm gonna be doing a "biscuit test" on me Meadow Creek today. I didn't dare wander outta the house yesterday. People are freakin' crazy with this black Friday mess. You couldn't pay me to visit the mall between now and Christmas.

I've got a 6 lb. loin brining. Gotta get it cooked prolly tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by Squirrel View Post
      "biscuit test"
      What is this "biscuit test" Cheryl
      Last edited by Fishawn; 11-26-2011, 08:17 AM.
      sigpic

Comment

well given the definition for 'hotplate' I was genuinely afraid to ask about the 'biscuit test'

But now you have - if it's not too scatalogical, I'd also like to know :-)
        Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
        Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

I have 8 fillets of salmon ready to go into the smoker today. I want to head out and do some shopping as well as most of the stores have their sales going on all weekend and hopefully all of the Black Friday crazy people are done with their shopping.
          Propane Smoke Shack
          UDS
          Great Outdoors Smoky Mountain
          sigpic

Comment

Trying to generate enough motivation to put up the outside Christmas lights today. I think I'm almost there.

Maybe some smoked nuts but after 30 or 40 trips up and down the ladder, I might just kick back the rest of the day.

Dave
            CUHS Metal Shop Reverse Flow
            UDS 1.0
            Afterburner
            Weber Performer
            Blue Thermapen
            Thermoworks Smoke with Gateway
            Thermoworks Chef Alarm
            Auber Smoker Controller
            Proud Smoked-Meat Member #88
            -
            "All welcome, take what ya need, share what ya know. " -- Richtee, 12/2/2010

Comment

I Natty'd Up on Black Friday! Louie went out with #2 son early... Came back hours later...Score on some Xbox 360 & Kinect for the grand daughter... They got it cheap! Natty Up!...Hooked it to da big axx TV...Man...dat is sho some kinda cool stuff. I broke into a dern sweat messin with some crazy game...Natty back down! Games score for Morgan also...! Think they done good...More so...cause Louie dragged in a case of Natty!
              Uhh...fer chow...be some fried poke chops, mustard greens.. De-Deviled eggs...Natty's! Corn bread...we gonz southern food tonight...Tomorrow...Thinkin seafood!
              Sunset Eagle Aviation
              https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

Biscuit test is something I just found out aboot from a friend that's been competing for a while. He told me to buy two cans of cheap biscuits, fire up the MC to 350F. Then, place the biscuits spaced out directly on the grates. About 5 minutes in take a peak (or better yet a picture) then again in another 5 minutes. The idea is to see where the hot spots are and adjust accordingly.

I forgot the biscuits when I went to the store the FIRST time today, so I just got back and it's too late today to do it, so gonna give it a go prolly Monday. I've got a bunch of stuff to cook tomorrow. Woohoo!

Comment

Thanks Cheryl, makes sense. Now Natty on up like Cat Daddy doin
                  sigpic

Comment

I'm kinda thinkin I'd stop at 250° for long enough to do a naked fattie

That way you can use them smoked biscuits for a couple slices of that smoked sausage!

Of use it for one of my favorite breakfasts...
                    http://www.smoked-meat.com/forum/sho...light=biscuits
                    BBQ Eng.

The "Cow Girls" were adopted from the shelter, and found on petfinder.com.
                    Adopt a homeless pet - http://www.petfinder.com
                    I built the Iron Maiden - Iron Maiden Smoker Build

Over 5000 unreadable posts...Photobucket can kiss my ass...they will never get a dime. I will not pay a ransom.

Comment

Originally posted by BBQ Engineer View Post

That way you can use them smoked biscuits for a couple slices of that smoked sausage!

X2
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BBQ Engineer View Post

x3, or one with your fav filling gourmet style fatty... but either way ya got the heat may as well cook eh...

cant wait to see your biscut test, be interesting lil expieriment.
                        Charbroil SFB
                        GOSM
                        MES
                        Dutch Ovens and other CI
                        Little Chief, Big Chief, No Name water smoker
                        Weber 22" gold, Smokey Joe, WSM 22"

Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head

sigpic

Comment

Biscuit test is something I just found out aboot from a friend that's been competing for a while. He told me to buy two cans of cheap biscuits, fire up the MC to 350F. Then, place the biscuits spaced out directly on the grates. About 5 minutes in take a peak (or better yet a picture) then again in another 5 minutes. The idea is to see where the hot spots are and adjust accordingly.

I forgot the biscuits when I went to the store the FIRST time today, so I just got back and it's too late today to do it, so gonna give it a go prolly Monday. I've got a bunch of stuff to cook tomorrow. Woohoo!
                          thats on oldie,but goodie....does work if you have your fire management downnnn...........I am guessing its hotter towards firebox....is important info/test if you are striving cook on different temps at one time on a flat/long surface etc....

you have a team name yet...

Comment

I'm thinking since the biscuits need to be cooked at 350F that's what I'm gonna do. I ain't eatin' no stinkin' cheap ass biscuit either. Gonna feed them to the birds when I'm done speer-o-mentin'. Besides, I can't have bread on this stupid suckass diet. It sucks being a fat girl.

Tomorrow I'm cooking a brisket, some ribbage, pork loinage, wingage (gonna try Rich's wang rubbage).

Nattie up time! It's after 5:00 finally.

Comment

I'm thinking since the biscuits need to be cooked at 350F that's what I'm gonna do. I ain't eatin' no stinkin' cheap ass biscuit either. Gonna feed them to the birds when I'm done speer-o-mentin'.
                              Well, if you're not going to eat them anyway, why not observe them at 250°, or whatever temp you plan on competing at?

Granted I've never competed or operated a stickburner. But I LOVE experiments like that.

Question though . . . if you're opening the door every 5 minutes to take a picture, how accurate of a temp profile are you going to get? Seems like you'd be better off to by 6 or 8 of those Thermoworks thermometers (they still have the 2 pack for $19 deal on) space them out evenly and just write down the temps every 5 minutes. That way you can keep the lid closed, get a more accurate temp profile, and you'd have plenty of thermos for cooking.

Dave
                              CUHS Metal Shop Reverse Flow
                              UDS 1.0
                              Afterburner
                              Weber Performer
                              Blue Thermapen
                              Thermoworks Smoke with Gateway
                              Thermoworks Chef Alarm
                              Auber Smoker Controller
                              Proud Smoked-Meat Member #88
                              -
                              "All welcome, take what ya need, share what ya know. " -- Richtee, 12/2/2010

Comment

Working...
                              X