Cabrese ala Scar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cabrese ala Scar

While on a recent visit to see my buddy Scarbelly and his wonderful wife Kathy, I was treated to some wonderful "Cabrese".

I started off with some fresh mozzarella from SAM'S Club
    Rinsed it off and since it was already sliced, I tied a string around it
    Let it dry in the fridge for about 2 hours
    Into the smoker with some Apple Sawdust for about 2 hours

Sliced tomato on the bottom
    Slice of Smoked Mozzarella next
    Basil Leaf on top the Mozzarella Cheese
    Drizzle on some Balsamic Vinegar & Olive Oil

Here's My Cheesy Story....

Thanks For Lookin'!!

Todd

Fresh Mozzarella From SAM'S Club or Costco

Fresh Mozzarella In The Smoker

Apple Sawdust in the A-MAZE-N-SMOKER

Finished Smoking After 2 hours

Finished "Cabrese" ala Scar!
    - http://www.AMAZENPRODUCTS.COM
    - 40" MES
    - Char-Broil The Big Easy Infrared Turkey Fryer
    - Stainless Steel BBQ Grill
    - Gander #12 Grinder
    - Cabelas 20# Stuffer
    - Gander Meat Mixer

The "Ala Scar" got me. Way to go Toddster. You need to make that cheese you self next time.

Comment

TJ that looks awesome! Put that on some thin sliced toasted Cuban bread, cracker or Melba toast and Rock!!!!
      Mark
      sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
      Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

Comment

Don't seem like it would cause scars- I have had similar many times and never got one. Tasty stuff!
        In God I trust- All others pay cash...
        Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
        Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Originally posted by Mark R View Post
          TJ that looks awesome! Put that on some thin sliced toasted Cuban bread, cracker or Melba toast and Rock!!!!
          Exactly what I was thinking.

Very nice Todd. I could down about 6 of those in a blink of an eye. Hehe. I've had these on toasted bread. Bet the smoke was a nice touch.
          S-M Misfit #16

If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy. ~ Red Green

It's a shame stupidity isn't painful.

GOSM Propane
          CharGriller Kamado Cooker "The Akorn"
          New Braunfels Bandera
          UniFlame Gas Grill
          Lil Chief

Comment

BTW I have made mozz fresh, using rennet tablets. Pretty simple and darn good.

like this:

http://www.instructables.com/id/Grea...arella-Cheese/
            In God I trust- All others pay cash...
            Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
            Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Very nice Todd, never smoked any mozzerella, but planning on trying this one. Love the cabrese! Thanks.
              Lang 36 Patio, a few Webers, 2 Eggs, plenty of gadgets and a MES 40 Gen 2.5 electric for bacon and sausage.
              My best asset however is the inspiration from the members on this forum.

sigpic
              @SmokinJim52 on Twitter

Comment

I love this stuff ... We brush EVOO on baquettes sliced about (aboot in Canada) 1/8" - 1/4" thick & lightly toast over grill. Assemble as you did, then a drizzle of EVOO & a couple grids of CBP...... Slide me a nice Chianti & I'll finish the tray
                sigpic

Comment

Hi guys - my wife Kathy and I had the honor of having the Johnson family come and spend almost a week with us in October. We made this dish for them one evening and looks like Todd has taken it over the top. Great job Todd.

If you ever get the chance to spend any time with them don't pass it by
                  they are a great family.
                  Scarbelly

Comment

Originally posted by Fishawn View Post
                    ... We brush EVOO on baquettes sliced about (aboot in Canada) 1/8" - 1/4" :
                    LOL now dat is jus funny LOL.... P.S. 1/8" = 3.175mm ,, 1/4" = 6.35mm LOL
                    Nice looking calbrese there Todd!!! I'm really looking forward to my a-maze-n smoker to come in to give this a shot!!,, I really like the MES,, especially the remote control, to view int temp, and control heat etc from the comfort of my couch LOL BUT the darn thing just has to run at too high of a heat for it to smoke.
                    some fine looking snacks there MM MMMM
                    www.facebook.com/butchcolquhoun _____________________________________________

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by butcher View Post
                      I really like the MES,, especially the remote control, to view int temp, and control heat etc from the comfort of my couch
                      Butch, no kidding?, the new MES has a remote? ..... I actually had to get up off the couch to check on mine
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Fishawn View Post
                        Butch, no kidding?, the new MES has a remote? ..... I actually had to get up off the couch to check on mine
                        uh oh... fish be buyin a new MES...

nice lookin cabrese Todd. i like the way you improved the AMZN with the spacers with air gaps between, prevents rouge jumpovers eh...
                        Charbroil SFB
                        GOSM
                        MES
                        Dutch Ovens and other CI
                        Little Chief, Big Chief, No Name water smoker
                        Weber 22" gold, Smokey Joe, WSM 22"

Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head

sigpic

Comment

looks petty good

My dad brouhgt something similiar back from canada.

Mozzarella (A chesse I have almost no use for) it had been rolled with basil leaves and prosciutto. The prosciutto and basil gave the flavour and the mozzarla gave texture.
                          I believe it's the first time I've actually seen the point of mozzarella :-)
                          Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
                          Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

Good lookin cheese. Love that lil smoker

Comment

Working...
                            X