Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Got the MC fired up with ribs, loin and brisket! Hell to the yea I smell funny!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got the MC fired up with ribs, loin and brisket! Hell to the yea I smell funny!

Got me ghetto booty up early today and fired up the Meadow Creek. It took about 40 minutes to get to 250F. I did pretty good maintaining the temps except for once. I couldn't leave well enough alone, I kept fiddling with the vents. Lesson learned. But overall I think I'm getting the hang of it.

Here she is off me back porch. Ain't she sweet.

The brisket is still on, but should be coming off within the next 45 minutes. Gonna wrap it up and put it in the cooler for a few hours before slicing. I can't wait. Brisket is me nemesis. I injected with some homemade beef stock. I pumped that beeAtch up. Then I rubbed it down with some mustard and Mad Hunky. I added a little brown sugar and extra salt and cracked black to the mix.

I bought this pork loin because if I decide to do that comp Ray mentioned to me I need to practice with them. I confess I usually by the tenderloins. I just like them better. I was surprised to see it was two pieces tied together. I know that's not what I want for a competition. Hmmm.... I cooked it to around 145ish. I made a honey mustard from scratch and rubbed it all over after taking it off the smoker. I love that homemade mustard. I mixed brown and Chinese mustard seeds in the mortar and pestle, lightly crushed them, added some mustard powder, dash salt, and white wine. Then some local honey. Diggin' it!

Here's the ribs. I almost overcooked them. Don't think I would have done well in a comp with them. They were a little on the skimpy side and I should have taken that in to account. They were still edible, but that's not what I'm trying for here. Crap. I hope I have better luck with the brisket.

Oh yea, on edit, I forgot this picture on the smoker:

Looks great, There I times I get to play with Capt. Dans Lang at the comps and that beauty of a cooker is alot like a lang. Just small adjustments on them vents as they are very responsive.

Comment

I have been told, by KCBS judges that you are better overcooking ribs at a comp, than undercooking. Looking good tho!
      Once you go Weber....you never call customer service....

Comment

Originally posted by IrishChef View Post
        I have been told, by KCBS judges that you are better overcooking ribs at a comp, than undercooking. Looking good tho!
        That's good to know! Thanks eyesee.

Comment

Hey Squirrel...marry...err wait... GREAT cook.
          In God I trust- All others pay cash...
          Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
          Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Aww...I told Louie to throw the Merkin away & get her granny panties on! I cannot hear or B@Rly TyP3...I th^NiK bR@IN DammmaGe!
            Sunset Eagle Aviation
            https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

That is one sweet smoker. And that loin is awesome. to you Cheryl.

Tom

Comment

ditto your loin looks fan dam tastic
                Yoder YS640
                Masterbuilt 30"
                Masterbuilt 40"

Comment

Looks great Cheryl & that is a sweet smoker... Outta butt totally worthy..... You will get the hang of it, get in the zone, & it will become second nature & almost run itself. Nice work
                  sigpic

Comment

Dang girl,watch ya going to do with all that grub
                    2-22.5'' weber
                    1-18'' weber
                    1 smokey joe
                    22.5'' wsm
                    24'' smoke vault
                    1-outhouse
                    Certified,Smoked Meat Sausage Head
                    Smoked meathead #135

Comment

Cheryl what a great cook.... looks like you and the MC are bonding right nicely...stay in it
                      Last edited by Checkered Past; 11-28-2011, 09:33 AM.

Comment

Looks good from here.

Dave
                        CUHS Metal Shop Reverse Flow
                        UDS 1.0
                        Afterburner
                        Weber Performer
                        Blue Thermapen
                        Thermoworks Smoke with Gateway
                        Thermoworks Chef Alarm
                        Auber Smoker Controller
                        Proud Smoked-Meat Member #88
                        -
                        "All welcome, take what ya need, share what ya know. " -- Richtee, 12/2/2010

Comment

holy smokes, you got it goin on
                          Island of Misfit Smokers Member #92

How to heal the world. Love people and feed them tasty food.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Slanted88 View Post
                            Aww...I told Louie to throw the Merkin away & get her granny panties on! I cannot hear or B@Rly TyP3...I th^NiK bR@IN DammmaGe!
                            That's awesome Cheryl.DAMN.
                            sigpic

Certified Sausage Head

Comment

Originally posted by Slanted88 View Post
                              lmao - brilliant.

Gotta say the food looked excellent -

You want to vacpack and ship any of your failures express air to derbyshire, I'll happily take them off your hands :-)

Great looking sauce too
                              Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
                              Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

Working...
                              X