Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pecan Smoked Cayenne Peppers & Thai Chilis & The CookShack Ghetto Cold Cheese Smoker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pecan Smoked Cayenne Peppers & Thai Chilis & The CookShack Ghetto Cold Cheese Smoker

Got some help from the Pepperheads here & am smoking the peppers/chilis @ 180* with Pecan & on top is the CookShack Ghetto cheese cardboard box smoker mod ..... Kinda creepy looking, but it works..... 70-76* inside the box

sigpic

..says gotta spread......

Comment

Nice idea with the box, way to maximise the smoke

Have some ingenuity :-)
      Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
      Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

3 hours in the smoke & pulled em..... Cheese colored up a bit & the peppers/chilis dried out nicely.... Ate one of the small Thai chilis & sneezed at the same time & the shit got into me nose..... WHOA!... Fricken crazy shit!!.... After I gathered myself, I had to Natty up pretty good to cool the mouth a bit.... These might be kinda fun

sigpic

Comment

Them peppers turned out nice. I powder mine and store it in the freezer.
          You know, when we lived in the other place and I had a super nice climate controlled fruit cellar I had probably made 1000 lbs or better of cheese, and never smoked a single wheel. I'm gonna have to try it. I love smoked cheese.

Tom

Comment

Nice Scott! Beautiful looking peppers! Love the rigged up box for smoking the cheese! upon re-load.
            Don

Humphrey's Pint
            Weber Smokey Mountain 18.5"
            Weber Performer (Black Top, Stainless Steel Table Edition circa 2005)
            Blackstone Professional Series 36" Griddle
            Weber Spirit SP-310 Gas Grill
            Anova One Sous Vide
            AMPS
            Purple Thermapen
            Maverick ET-733
            DigIQ DX2
            Misfit #1674

sigpic

Comment

Very well done Fish, Elvis would be proud! - "In the Ghetto"
              --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
              www.OwensBBQ.com

Comment

Originally posted by Gunslinger View Post
                Them peppers turned out nice. I powder mine and store it in the freezer. You know, when we lived in the other place and I had a super nice climate controlled fruit cellar I had probably made 1000 lbs or better of cheese, and never smoked a single wheel. I'm gonna have to try it. I love smoked cheese.
                Never smoked cheese eh? ..... One of those things I guess Tom? .... Kinda like when you pointed out to me today to smoke the peppers?... For whatever reason, it just did not dawn on me & glad I can be brain dead at times, cause it can open up other areas of thought & input from others. I don't like blinders or tunnelvision, that's why I like to throw ideas out into the open here ....... We really like smoked cheese here also, especially around the Holidays with all the gatherings. There's usually someone who has not had it before. I will vac pack these blocks up & they will be ready by Christmas

Originally posted by tadowdaddy View Post
                Nice Scott! Beautiful looking peppers! Love the rigged up box for smoking the cheese! upon re-load.
                ..... The box works, & I guess that is all a guy can really ask for eh? I did it one time with a clear hard plastic storage container & that was pretty cool to watch the smoke rolling around.... Stunk up the storage room though & the wife unit did'nt like it ....... Then, I think my kid used it as a nightcrawler farm for a bit, then smashed a hole in it with a golf club....
                sigpic

Comment

Nicely done Scott. I say smoke everything at least once cause you never know. I have to say thge card board accessory is doing it for you too.
                  Smoke it.. and they will come!

Rob
                  Recipes & Smokes in HD Video
                  SmokingPit.com

Yoder YS640
                  Yoder Wichita
                  Arizona BBQ Outfitters Scottsdale
                  Camp Chef FTG600 Flat Top Griddle
                  Blackstone 22" Flat Top Griddle

Comment

Originally posted by Wingman View Post
                    I have to say the card board accessory is doing it for you too.
                    ...... Nothing but the best for me
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Fishawn View Post
                      Then, I think my kid used it as a nightcrawler farm for a bit, then smashed a hole in it with a golf club....
                      Aren't kids wonderful? I love 'em, but sometimes I'd like to use the golf club on their heads. Oh wait, I don't have golf clubs. Good thing I guess. My kid climbed up into one of my old tractors and busted out every gauge with a hammer. When he's being a dick, I still remind him of how he didn't, but could have died over it.

Tom

Comment

Originally posted by Gunslinger View Post
                        Aren't kids wonderful? I love 'em, but sometimes I'd like to use the golf club on their heads. Oh wait, I don't have golf clubs. Good thing I guess. My kid climbed up into one of my old tractors and busted out every gauge with a hammer. When he's being a dick, I still remind him of how he didn't, but could have died over it.
                        ...... I used to get really pissed about (aboot in Canada) everything.... Now that half my stuff is either broken or missing, I gave up

Just last night for example, we have an extra PC computer tower in the man cave that is going to be given away or whatever.... He totally took everything off of & out of that computer.... BUT, he did get me 6GB of RAM that I can use
                        sigpic

Comment

You are a Rockstar man. Every time I read one of your posts it starts my mind working on what I need to do next. Either a recipe, or a technique, or a funky makeshift mod.
                          KCBS/CBJ #56408

"Sticks and stones will break your bones, but words will always teach you." -Shihan

Comment

Originally posted by wutang View Post
                            You are a Rockstar man. Every time I read one of your posts it starts my mind working on what I need to do next. Either a recipe, or a technique, or a funky makeshift mod.
                            Makes me feel inferior I'm not worthy

Nice job Fish
                            2-22.5'' weber
                            1-18'' weber
                            1 smokey joe
                            22.5'' wsm
                            24'' smoke vault
                            1-outhouse
                            Certified,Smoked Meat Sausage Head
                            Smoked meathead #135

Comment

Originally posted by minnbill View Post
                              Makes me feel inferior I'm not worthy

Nice job Fish
                              ..... Just trying to inspire & get folks to try some new stuff, different ideas or think creatively/outside the (Ghetto Smoking) Box if you will

Must be my ADD
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X