Burning some PTO and smoking some Cheese

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Burning some PTO and smoking some Cheese

Well, the boss told me I had too much vacation time built up and they couldn't have the liability on the books for the new year so they made me take the week off.

So I have a little time to try some new things. I've had an A-Maze-N smoker for quite some time now, but haven't had an opportunity to use it yet. Coincidentally I was down at the coast this weekend and made a quick side trip to the Tillamook Cheese factory for some fresh cheese, and some Squeaky cheese.

A couple of my favorites...

Squeaky Cheese, Garlic Chili Pepper Cheddar, and Garlic White cheddar. Sorry about the mini-loaves, I couldn't help myself and had to cut into them on the way home.

Anyway, they're in the smoker now, gonna hit 'em with some pecan smoke for about 2 hours. That sound about right?

Full write up is on my blog:
    http://lifeinpitrow.blogspot.com/201...ed-cheese.html

Thanks for looking!!!

p.s. I will update as it goes.
    Mike
    Life In Pit Row

It looks like it will be great.
    I have to fire up mine as well.
    Chargriller Pro w. sfb
    Ducane 4100 propane grill
    Brinkman Electric

Member # 200

Comment

I hadda think on the PTO for quite a while, as I've never had any "Squeekey Cheese"...that's funny!
      In God I trust- All others pay cash...
      Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
      Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Well here it is after about 2.5 hours of smoke. The temp settled down and cruised along right at 48 degrees the whole time, the cheese didn't get soft at all, in fact other than the color change it's like it just came out of the fridge.

I tried a piece of the squeaky cheese, and it's a little hash, as was expected, but I think the amount of smoke is going to be nice. I can't wait to try it. I vacuum sealed it and it's in the fridge for a week (if I can hold out that long!)
        Mike
        Life In Pit Row

Comment

Originally posted by lynsey123 View Post
          It looks like it will be great.
          I have to fire up mine as well.
          Thanks, I can't wait to try it. I was surprised at how well the A-maze-n smoker did. I shouldn't ahve been, given all the great reviews it gets, but usually my luck goes the other way and stuff that works great for others doesn't for me.

Originally posted by Richtee View Post
          I hadda think on the PTO for quite a while, as I've never had any "Squeekey Cheese"...that's funny!
          Yeah, I was wondering if PTO was a little too obscure for people. If you've never had squeaky cheese, it gets it's name because it squeaks on your teeth when you eat it. It's good stuff.
          Mike
          Life In Pit Row

Comment

Look'en GOOD, PR!

Got your 6 on the squeaky cheese! Good curds are some awesome goodness!

Comment

Well, today marks one week, can't wait to try these when I get home tonight!
              Mike
              Life In Pit Row

Comment

Working...
              X