Pheasant from the field to the table

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pheasant from the field to the table

Proud of the young dog she found two birds me.. I got one and missed one ...any way I used the Mad Hunky brine, rinsed, then bacon wrapped and onto the weber...This was probably the best Pheasant that I've eaten even though I cooked it a bit to long, still moist and very tender. I didn't add any other seasoning to it and glad I didn't very tasty as it was. Soaked it for about 6hrs.

Thanks for looking
    Attached Files

Very Cool Darrell Goo job by the young dog. Love the bacon blanket also
    sigpic

Comment

Love me some pheasant.
      Hmmm, I wonder how the hunky brine would do with rabbit?

Tom

Comment

Nice job
        Can't think where you got the idea

It does really make great pheasant doesn't it.
        Your dog can have some for going and getting your own pheasant

The mh brine would go great with rabbit tom.
        Not sure if I've got enough left to test it out (or indeed how many rabbits I'll have left after tomorrow - they're on their way to my aunt's in london). But cannot think of any reason why it wouldn't be great :-)

I'm planning on using my remiander bit of brine mix with a skinned pigeon I've got in the freezer :-)
        Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
        Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

Uhmmm bacon blanket... I like it.

I agree with using the brine on rabbits.. Should be really good.

Comment

Nicely done.......

Comment

Very nice, looks excellent!

So when you miss, does your dog look at you funny? Max gives me dirty looks when I miss!
              Mark
              sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
              Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

Comment

Very Nice! Glad you went with the straight brine- I always look for these posts as I get the most accurate feedback that way. I think CA did a pheasant with it too, and enjoyed the result.

Man - nice shot...hit it in the head?
                In God I trust- All others pay cash...
                Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
                Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Great job! That is a real nice looking bird, and a dandy pup as well. I haven't been out for birds yet this year. Got a little bit of pheasant season left here, and may hit it on Sat. This time of year they're tough to get on though.
                  sigpic

Beef. It's whats for dinner.

Comment

That's just beautiful... congrats!!

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

So when you miss, does your dog look at you funny? Max gives me dirty looks when I miss![/QUOTE]

Yea lil chit give me the WTH look....what can I say it was a long rough morning for the two birds we found

Originally posted by Richtee View Post
                      Very Nice! Glad you went with the straight brine- I always look for these posts as I get the most accurate feedback that way. I think CA did a pheasant with it too, and enjoyed the result.

Yea I like the savory flavor that it has...we also had a squash casserole that had Mrs. C stuffing in it...Good combo

Yep wasn't sure till I skinned it out found a couple pellets in the lower legs and one grazed the breast ....better lucky then good I guess...made for easy cleaning

Originally posted by mulepackin View Post
                      Great job! That is a real nice looking bird, and a dandy pup as well. I haven't been out for birds yet this year. Got a little bit of pheasant season left here, and may hit it on Sat. This time of year they're tough to get on though.
                      Yea tough to find Native birds here...this was actually a hunt put on by our dept. of fish and game...paid 18$ , and there was supposed to be 25 hunters. They released 50 birds on 480 acres with some of the toughest hunting conditions and you get 4hrs. to hunt...I was done at the 3 hr 30min mark
                      Last edited by Checkered Past; 12-06-2011, 07:37 PM.

Comment

Look great Checkered Past, I think we may have to try one in the brine like this. Marty tries to take our dog out a couple of times a week if the weather is nice. And Grissom will give him that "look" as well when he misses.
                        Where to Shop -
                        www.OwensBBQ.com

Follow Tatonka Dust on Facebook -
                        https://www.facebook.com/TatonkaDust

Comment

fine lookin field bird
                          Island of Misfit Smokers Member #92

How to heal the world. Love people and feed them tasty food.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by curious aardvark View Post
                            Nice job
                            Can't think where you got the idea

It does really make great pheasant doesn't it.
                            Your dog can have some for going and getting your own pheasant

The mh brine would go great with rabbit tom.
                            Not sure if I've got enough left to test it out (or indeed how many rabbits I'll have left after tomorrow - they're on their way to my aunt's in london). But cannot think of any reason why it wouldn't be great :-)

I'm planning on using my remiander bit of brine mix with a skinned pigeon I've got in the freezer :-)
                            So.. CA, you're wondering where your rabbits are? Call of that damn hell hound of yours and you would have rabbits!

Originally posted by Richtee View Post
                            EXACTLY!! I thought the dog caught it! I don't think I've had any p-birds that looked that good.

Love the bacon weave and process, CP.

if I gott'em.

Comment

Thanks for the points and comments

Walle.. I did have a Chessie that scored two birds and the wife 0 on a hunt....wife wasn't to thrilled Still good eats tho

Comment

Working...
                              X