Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I think, no wait. I KNOW I scored big on this one...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think, no wait. I KNOW I scored big on this one...

Coming back for the Wisconsin area today, I decided to stop off at a local apple farm to check on some cider. Got to talking with the owner and asked him if he had any apple wood trimmings. Sure he said. How much I asked.

5 bucks, all I can take away, and it's quite a bunch. Now here's the bonus.
    After some more talkin about BBQ, not only does it include the Apple wood, BUT, all the plum and pear I can take.

Said he has a bunch that needs to be trimmed up this Spring as well. So being the nice guy I am, I offered to do the trimming for him in exchange for the wood. Deal he said.

Sometimes all ya gotta do is ask.....
    https://youtu.be/ZcqprrIlbcIli

You are correct.. You know he's thinking he's making out like a bandit for all that free labor..

This is a
    Win - Win.. IMO..
    Ken

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

Comment

Good for you. I hope you do know the proper way to prune the fruit trees though. Nice score.

Comment

Yea, umm, ya wanna borrow a ladder? Sounds good..depending on the details....!
        Mark
        sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
        Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

Comment

That's great! I get mine from a local orchard. He gives me all the apple I want, and I give him a chicken or pulled pork smoked with it. Pretty good deal too.

Tom

Comment

Originally posted by SmokinLee View Post
            Good for you. I hope you do know the proper way to prune the fruit trees though. Nice score.
            X2

Comment

Sweet deal Todd!
              --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
              www.OwensBBQ.com

Comment

That's awesome. The stupid thing is, he probably has to pay to have it hauled away or pay for a burning permit to dispose of it. Win-win for ya both.

Now just don't butcher his trees and you're golden. hehe.
                S-M Misfit #16

If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy. ~ Red Green

It's a shame stupidity isn't painful.

GOSM Propane
                CharGriller Kamado Cooker "The Akorn"
                New Braunfels Bandera
                UniFlame Gas Grill
                Lil Chief

Comment

All ya gotta do is ask...that's an awesome score. If I was banished to an isolated spot and could only take one wood to smoke with, it would be apple.
                  BBQ Eng.

The "Cow Girls" were adopted from the shelter, and found on petfinder.com.
                  Adopt a homeless pet - http://www.petfinder.com
                  I built the Iron Maiden - Iron Maiden Smoker Build

Over 5000 unreadable posts...Photobucket can kiss my ass...they will never get a dime. I will not pay a ransom.

Comment

Originally posted by SmokinLee View Post
                    I know how to prune the Apple trees we have here on the farm. His Apple trees are trimmed/shaped to give him maximum fruit so if he DOES have me trim them, I'm sure I'll have to learn to do it the way HE wants me to lol. Mine I trim for fruit but also appearance. He's got allot of older trees that he totally removed from the orchard that are just piled up out back waiting to be disposed of. Those are the ones I'm mainly interested in. Took them out last year. If I would have gotten over there last week, I could have had most of it cut up, but I didn't ask him about it till yesterday. A day AFTER the snow fell so no access till Spring

Originally posted by BBQ Engineer View Post
                    All ya gotta do is ask...that's an awesome score. If I was banished to an isolated spot and could only take one wood to smoke with, it would be apple.
                    Well I'm sure some of it will make it's way down to the Desoto area
                    https://youtu.be/ZcqprrIlbcIli

Comment

Cool, most fruit trees get pretty much the same as the apple. didn't know you had a apple orchard I guess... you be in then

Comment

Score!.... Great to see Todd
                        sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X