Drunken pork for Sunday...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drunken pork for Sunday...

Going to meet a mutual friend of ours Kelly/BBQGODDESS at a country music festival...http://stagecoachfestival.com/...in Indio,Ca. It is an all weekend festival. My family will be camping there for three days. So we wanted to have a BBQ and asked Kelly if she would join us.....yeehaw.
    These are picnic roasts 11 pounds total. Can't get no butts 'round here for some reason. Rubbed in WildWillie's number-one- derful rub. Injected with Tullamore dew Irish whiskey and cran apple juice.

Here they are half way on my ECB smokin' over Cabernet wood chips from the good people of http://www.barbecuewood.com/StoreFront.bok Sprayed these every hour for 7 hours with the whiskey/juice mix. At 230* to 250* temps

These are the picnics coming off the smoker at 187* internal temp and going to foil. Then wrapped in towels and coolered for an hour. Straight to the freezer they went.They gave a good stall at aprox 160* for at least an hour. These we will slowly heat up using a slow cooker/crock pot. Then pull. On buns they go topped with slaw..(of course) and some home made BBQ sauces we have canned. Some good friends, good food, and good "spirits", will make for a memorable event!
    We will take pics of the finish sammies and share with a delayed "qview"
    Along with this I have rolled 'n smoked 4 fatties...whew...lol 2 Italian Tortellini in bratwurst wrapped in bacon,1 homemade Mac 'n cheese w/ serrano peppers wrapped in chorizo 'n breakfast sausage mix then wrapped in Prochuito, and one more chicken 'n tortellini wrapped the same as the previous. These also were freezered immediately. I know no pics no proof...I will get a couple shots when they come out the freezer. These will be heated slowly using an oven. No nukes bud!!
    Thanks for checkin' out my smoke!!...bottoms up!!
    Slainte!!
    Ryan

I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

sigpic

That Tully's some good hooch fer sher!
    In God I trust- All others pay cash...
    Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
    Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Sounds like it will be an awesome time with some great Sammie's. Hope you all have a good weather and a great time.
      Stay thirsty my friends!!

Comment

That sounds like it will be a fun time .... There was a post yesterday for Tidewater Slaw dressing that would be perfect for those sammies. Try it you won't be disappointed ....

http://www.smoked-meat.com/forum/sho...ater#post25768
        Ron

Weber Smokey Mountain
        GOSM x 2
        Vermont Casting Grill
        Black Thermapen (only color available in these parts)

Comment

Slainte Ry!
          I am amazed looking at all that food you are bringing!
          See ya early Sat. I can't wait!!
          We will post more pictures when we get back!

The only one on the block with the super fastest turbo charged

Comment

Looks and sounds like a great time a commin
            2-22.5'' weber
            1-18'' weber
            1 smokey joe
            22.5'' wsm
            24'' smoke vault
            1-outhouse
            Certified,Smoked Meat Sausage Head
            Smoked meathead #135

Comment

Should be some great eats... Looking forward to the pics..
              Ken

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

Comment

Thank you all for the kind words. The Eagle has landed!
                Ryan

I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
                Clint Eastwood

sigpic

Comment

have a great weekend, I'm salivating just reading the fatty list.
                  Look forward to pics :-)
                  Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
                  Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

Well, some people on here have had the pleasure of getting together with our fellow smoking brothers, you all in those states know who you are.
                    Here in Cali, not to many "brothers" no "sistas" who share this crazy passion.
                    I can't emphisize enough how INCREDIBLE it is when you get to met someone who has your same "obsession".
                    This weekend I got to meet Ryan's beautiful wife and incredible family.
                    I was the lazy one and did no pix of food cuz frankly I was busy chatting it up with "the farrie faerie" and the kids.
                    Ryan, was so kind to bring me some of woods he uses on a regular basis, one which is olive, you gotta smell this stuff, it smells just like whiskey! it is unbelivable. I can't wait to try it, thank you again Ryan.

Now let me tell you first about the fatties... YUMMY~! the chicken tortellini with the serranos.. OMG was amazing! Tell Billie I need that recipe!
                    Ryan is amazing with his fatties, I think it has to do with the fattie faerie....

Now the pp sammies were to die for along with the slaw that went with them... the chipotle bbq sauce
                    Everything was great!
                    Especially the company, I can't tell you how cool it is to have made such a wonderful new set of friends, Ry is like an old dear friend, he and his family have now become extended family. Thank you to this forum and all you crazy people who share this passion.

I took no food pictures... Ryan was kind enough to make sure he brought his dish and had the Dega race on for us to watch, so between the race, the beer and the great conversation, I did no food shots..
                    But here are a couple to get a feel of the festival..

It was a beautiful weekend weather wise..

Here is Ryan enjoying Darius Rucker sing

Here is a shot of a beautiful So Cal night in the desert, it was a bit windy, but a great time for sure!

thanks for peeking, Ry has food pictures to post I am sure!!
                    Rock on S-M peeps!!

The only one on the block with the super fastest turbo charged

Comment

Woo Hoo what a weekend!!
                      First and foremost....I would like to show my appreciation to the forum. For not only the windows to the plethora of BBQ info, but also the door way to meet new friends. Kelly is a wonderful friend I have met through this forum. Thank you S-M!! Like Kelly said earlier, it wasn't an awkward meeting of someone new, it felt as if we have always been friends. Im more than happy to have a new extended family. Kelly also brought me some gifts. She brought me a couple rubs of hers, one being the 3 martini and a jacuzzi rub we hear so much about, a Java rub that I believe has got some cocoa in it, some specialty vinegar among some other items. Next smoke's rub is on Kelly! Thank you Kelly I cant wait. Kelly and 2 friends, Jolene and Chad met up at camp with my family on Sunday and had a trailer load of food. The 4 fatties, 2 we couldn't even think of getting too..full bellies...lol I brought them home. The pp sammies came out well, but I didn't get a plated pic of these...my bad Dega, the brew, and a whole bunch of great conversation and I missed that one pic..
                      This is the kinda weekend memories are made of!
                      Her are some pics of our shin dig...enjoy and thank you for checkin' out the smoke!!

We have coined this festival "Redneck Woodstock" this is only part of the festival camping.

This is the setting for our shin dig Sunday

This is the picnic after a reheat for a few hours with a smidge of beer in a crock pot...going for pullin'

The 4 fatties I promised pics of

This is 1 of 2 Italian tortellini fatties wrapped in bratwurst sausage with a prochuito wrap

This is the home made mac 'n cheese fattie with serrano chilis wrapped inchorizo 'n breakfast sausage and a light bacon weave. these we reheated in the oven in the trailer on 325* I think what was an hour.

Kelly and I have also talked about maybe heading in this direction soon.....Yeehaw let's try it out!

**These are the times that I take the time to thank the big guy above for the ability to go out and have fun with family and spend it with great friends**
                      Ryan

Clint Eastwood

sigpic

Comment

Looks like a great time Ryan and Kelly!
                        jeanie

http://cowgirlscountry.blogspot.com/

Comment

Great thread. Thanks for sharing.
                          Keith

Comment

It is such an honor to be here. This is what it should be. I sincerely appreciate ya Kelly & Ryan! Rock On!
                            Sunset Eagle Aviation
                            https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

Thanks for sharing Ryan and Kel.....looks like it was a great time!
                              Gene

sigpic

The Farm...
                              http://gardenofeatn-rhf.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X