Deer Eggs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deer Eggs

Stumbled on this surfing and thought just the name alone was worth posting the recipe!

Deer Eggs

1) Take venison cube steak and cut it in strips (4″x2″).

2) Seal in a plastic bag and marinate with Worcestershire sauce for 8 hours.

3) Take the strips out of the bag. Put a small block of pepper jack cheese, small piece of onion and small piece of green pepper onto a strip.

4) Roll the cube steak up around the items and wrap with bacon. Put toothpick through to hold bacon in place. These are your “eggs.”

5) Heat grill and place “eggs” on grill. Sprinkle with Greek seasoning and cook til bacon is done.

Seems simple enough and figure with the quality of the smoking misfits around here, this will surely get expanded on and perfected!
    --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
    www.OwensBBQ.com

I do something kind of similar, but I've used just regular ole beef cube steak wrapped around cheddar cheese with spinach, onion, a baby tomato, and red pepper on the inside, but wrapped in bacon. I like how yours sounds! Gonna have to give it a try.
    Don

Humphrey's Pint
    Weber Smokey Mountain 18.5"
    Weber Performer (Black Top, Stainless Steel Table Edition circa 2005)
    Blackstone Professional Series 36" Griddle
    Weber Spirit SP-310 Gas Grill
    Anova One Sous Vide
    AMPS
    Purple Thermapen
    Maverick ET-733
    DigIQ DX2
    Misfit #1674

sigpic

Comment

We kind of do the same thing, sort of. We soak in Dales for about 20-30 minutes, stuff with cream cheese and sliced (jar) jalapenos, wrap in bacon and grill. They are delightful.
      Stay thirsty my friends!!

Comment

I have to admit I didn't know what was going to come out of this thread when I first read the subject. They sure sound like something I would love.
        Propane Smoke Shack
        UDS
        Great Outdoors Smoky Mountain
        sigpic

Comment

lol im with ya on that ross, first thought was another person that doesnt know anything about deer.
          havent done deer meat that way but ive butterflied the meat and added onion,cheese,garlic, and did a stitch job to hold it in.

cutting the meat like a stuffed pork chop and adding stuffing isnt to bad either.
          my Q-view pics on photobucket
          http://s193.photobucket.com/albums/z...ish483/Q-view/

Comment

I could get after a mess of them! Like it!...
            Sunset Eagle Aviation
            https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

These sound really good, but I believe I'd smoke them and use beef or pork. Thanks for the idea and the post.
              Lang 36 Patio, a few Webers, 2 Eggs, plenty of gadgets and a MES 40 Gen 2.5 electric for bacon and sausage.
              My best asset however is the inspiration from the members on this forum.

sigpic
              @SmokinJim52 on Twitter

Comment

Replace the green pepper with jalapeno and ya got a hit
                Craig
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SMOKE FREAK View Post
                  Replace the green pepper with jalapeno and ya got a hit
                  Can't argue that one.
                  Lang 36 Patio, a few Webers, 2 Eggs, plenty of gadgets and a MES 40 Gen 2.5 electric for bacon and sausage.
                  My best asset however is the inspiration from the members on this forum.

sigpic
                  @SmokinJim52 on Twitter

Comment

Working...
                  X