Alcohol Free Cheese Fondue Recipe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alcohol Free Cheese Fondue Recipe?

Mrs. DDave was lamenting the fact that she is having difficulty finding an alcohol-free cheese fondue recipe. I've found a couple on the Internet that talk about replacing the wine with chicken stock.

Any sort of recipe search would be woefully incomplete without asking the folks here.

Anyone got any good ones they would like to share?

Thanks.

Dave
    CUHS Metal Shop Reverse Flow
    UDS 1.0
    Afterburner
    Weber Performer
    Blue Thermapen
    Thermoworks Smoke with Gateway
    Thermoworks Chef Alarm
    Auber Smoker Controller
    Proud Smoked-Meat Member #88
    -
    "All welcome, take what ya need, share what ya know. " -- Richtee, 12/2/2010

Any alcohol will likely boil off long before you eat it. And most fondues only call for a small amount of wine or kirschwasser to begin with. There are also non alcohol wines you could sub as well...
    Once you go Weber....you never call customer service....

Comment

Originally posted by IrishChef View Post
      Any alcohol will likely boil off long before you eat it. And most fondues only call for a small amount of wine or kirschwasser to begin with. There are also non alcohol wines you could sub as well...
      I'm not really worried about the alcohol itself. My daughter does not like the taste of wine.

I read somewhere about subbing chicken broth for the wine so in lieu of any recipes, I suppose we can try that.

Dave
      UDS 1.0
      Afterburner
      Weber Performer
      Blue Thermapen
      Thermoworks Chef Alarm
      Auber Smoker Controller
      -

Comment

Originally posted by DDave View Post
        My daughter does not like the taste of wine.
        How about Beer
        sigpic

Comment

Try some duck fat Dave. Thin the cheese, and supposed to be great. What about a fruit juice? Or even lemon? Hell I dunno... I have notseen a fondue since the 70's ;{) And then..it was a meat cooking thing... hot oil seasoned with onion, pepper and garlic.
          In God I trust- All others pay cash...
          Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
          Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Chicken stock sounds like a pretty good mod to me
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Fishawn View Post
              How about Beer
              Nah, she gripes about the Guinness in the Guinness Stew and the red wine in the Beef Bourguignon too but she gets overruled on those.

Originally posted by Fishawn View Post
              Chicken stock sounds like a pretty good mod to me
              Yeah, we may give that a whirl.

Dave
              UDS 1.0
              Afterburner
              Weber Performer
              Blue Thermapen
              Thermoworks Chef Alarm
              Auber Smoker Controller
              -

Comment

Get some alcohol free wine! You can buy it in the grocery store...or grape juice.
                Mark
                sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
                Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

Comment

Originally posted by Mark R View Post
                  Get some alcohol free wine! You can buy it in the grocery store...or grape juice.
                  I read it was the wine FLAVOR that was an issue.
                  Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
                  Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Originally posted by Mark R View Post
                    Originally posted by Richtee View Post
                    I read it was the wine FLAVOR that was an issue.
                    You read correctly.

I think some people respond without reading the entire thread.

Grape juice is an interesting idea though.

The other thing I wonder about is if the wine is there for some sort of chemical reason having to do with consistency of the fondue or is it there just for taste?

Dave
                    UDS 1.0
                    Afterburner
                    Weber Performer
                    Blue Thermapen
                    Thermoworks Chef Alarm
                    Auber Smoker Controller
                    -

Comment

Originally posted by DDave View Post
                      The other thing I wonder about is if the wine is there for some sort of chemical reason having to do with consistency of the fondue or is it there just for taste?

Dave
                      Perhaps the alcohol is all I can figger as a solvent. Fat would work as well. Or, maybe a shot er two of voddie? Clean...little taste.

I suspect the wine is all taste tho...not enough Alchohol to make a difference solvent-wise.

Comment

Working...
                      X