Lady fingers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lady fingers

Awhile back I had made a post titled "Planning My Christmas Dinner" and had mentioned I was wanting to try a new dessert ( too me ) "Tiramisu". So tonight while the wifes out shopping again I decided to make a part of the recipe which are called lady fingers, which I found out are a as light as a feather cookie thingy.

Got me some pretty stiff peaks with the eggs whites.

I don't know if I even shoulda put this in the working with flour thread, there is only 1/2 Cup in the recipe. By the time you fold it all together it's just like a fluff.

I only took a pic of the last remaining batch of fluffy stuff that I baked because they were alot more uniform in size and shape than the first full sheet pan.

Now Cheryl mentioned if I bought these, get the hard ones because you have to soak them or splash on either a espresso or some sorta booze like kahlua or rum or amaretto. My question to her is: Do they need to be like biscotti hard or just firm? I got them browned on the bottom and baked them for an extra 2 minutes and they are somewhat firm.

Plus I decided to cut corners because of the Christmas budget. and make a substitute mascarpone using cream cheese and butter instead and made a substitute cake flour for the girley fingers. It is what it is. And I'm sure it ain't gonna TLA......
    Last edited by SmokinLee; 12-19-2011, 07:50 PM.
Working...
X