Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some Christmas eve goodies

Made some ABTs ( my first ones :) )

Used Japs cut in half. Most I filled with cream cheese but a few I filled with a cheese made locally. It is called Cotija Aged. Kind of a cross between parm and feta. Then wrapped with bacon and sprinkled some rub on them.

The Cotija ones were the best and I'll be making them again.

I also made some wings. They were injected with a cajun seasoning/broth/butter/hot sauce mix and more cajun seasoning sprinkled on. I sprayed them several times with Apple Cider. These are really good. My daughter opened beef broth instead of chicken so we made the injection with that and it really made the flavor bold.

I made some crab and cream cheese stuffed Portabellas. This was my second attempt at making these things. The first time they were bland. This time they were effing disgusting! I threw them out after one bite. The crab I used smelled fine when I opened the container but they tasted like ass In the trash they went!

I have been busy making jerky and smoking nuts from some recipes on here and they have been wonderful too!
    I rub it every chance I get!

QUOTE = Meat Hunter

Granted, all this is just in my head. Until I win the lotto, or my career as a stripper pays off, I'm forced to use the kitchen counter....

Well chit bro, the abt's and the wings definitely look great, and so do the shrooms. Too bad they didn't turn out the way you intended. Don't fret, we all been there

for ya on your first abt's, they look great
    https://youtu.be/ZcqprrIlbcIli

Comment

Thanks Meat Hunter. The ABTs were killa. I am going to have to look up some tried and true recipes for the mushrooms instead of "winging" it. They looked good but man oh man!
      I rub it every chance I get!

QUOTE = Meat Hunter

Granted, all this is just in my head. Until I win the lotto, or my career as a stripper pays off, I'm forced to use the kitchen counter....

Comment

Outstanding looking smoke dude! All looks killer from here.
        Lang 36 Patio, a few Webers, 2 Eggs, plenty of gadgets and a MES 40 Gen 2.5 electric for bacon and sausage.
        My best asset however is the inspiration from the members on this forum.

sigpic
        @SmokinJim52 on Twitter

Comment

Great looking stuff

Wonder what is going wrong with your crab stuffed mushrooms?
          They look great & sounds like your doing them right???
          sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X