Toffee vodka

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toffee vodka

So whenever I go to a food fair, there is always someone flogging very small expensive bottles of toffee flavoured vodka.
    Some are thick and unctious, some are thin and made with artificial flavours and some are seriously delicious - both thick and thin.

We've got a friend staying over new year. Liked the sloe gin and said that a friend of hers makes toffee vodka. He puts toffee into vodka and leaves it for a couple of months. Job done. It never occured to me that it would be that simple.
    I got a bag of butter toffee's for christmas.....
    You're way ahead of me lol

Bought a cheap bottle of vodka from aldi this afternoon.
    Decided to use half and reserve half for the next booze related project that comes up.

Making this in a gin bottle (see sloe gin for why I have lots of gin bottles lol)
    So approx 350ml vodka and 6 toffees cut in half so they fit through the bottle neck.

And how they look in the bottle

Now the toffees have been in the vodka for about an hour and a half and already it's starting to look quite interesting (pauses to take picture)

Had a quick swig and there's no real toffee flavour there yet.

So what I'll do is wait till all the toffee is dissolved and then add another toffee and keep doing that till it won't dissolve anymore toffees.

If I make this again I'll either make butter toffee (like smokinlees) or go buy some thorntons special toffee. Which I can get in thick slabs from the yumyum shop (discount candy store)
    But we'll see where this goes first :-)
    I think the really good stuff I've tasted also has cream in it as well. Might do that - we'll see how much toffee I can get dissolved first.

So any thoughts on what i can do with the other half a bottle of vodka ?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by curious aardvark; 12-29-2011, 12:20 PM.
    Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
    Just call me 'One Grind'

Your like a mad booze scientist LOL
    Interesting, never heard of toffee vodka, but it sure sounds good.

Got a half bottle left ya say? Your a pretty creative guy, think of something to infuse that stuff with.

Here in the states, and I'm sure over there as well, they have almost every flavor of vodka imaginable.

I don't think they have anchovy vodka yet
    https://youtu.be/ZcqprrIlbcIli

Comment

Sounds kinda like butterscotch schnaaps. mMMmmmm.
      Once you go Weber....you never call customer service....

Comment

Indian Shrimp Pickle Vodka
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Fishawn View Post
          heh. I have had ginger flavored and horseradish vodkas before. Both were good.
          Once you go Weber....you never call customer service....

Comment

I keep a jar of maraschino cherries in the fridge. Just dump out the juice fill with vodka and let set for a month. Indian mate will love them.

Comment

Wow, I never heard of toffee vodka before either, but there's just no way you can go wrong here

that's going to be some tasty stuff!

my suggestion for the rest of the vodka is to go in the opposite direction and make pepper vodka. lots of interesting peppers, and combinations to play with
              sigpic

Comment

coffee and cream, perhaps?
                Fundamentals matter.

Helfen, Wehren, Heilen
                Die Wahrheit wird euch frei machen

Foods of the World Forums - From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, it's all good

BaitShopBoyz.com - Shoot the bull with the boyZ

Comment

Sounds very interesting!

I got for xmas Marshmallow Vodka that I am going to have to try out soon.
                  Where to Shop -
                  www.OwensBBQ.com

Follow Tatonka Dust on Facebook -
                  https://www.facebook.com/TatonkaDust

Comment

now that sounds good ~ maybe find a way to do a TOASTED marshmallow vodka.....
                    Fundamentals matter.

Helfen, Wehren, Heilen
                    Die Wahrheit wird euch frei machen

Foods of the World Forums - From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, it's all good

BaitShopBoyz.com - Shoot the bull with the boyZ

Comment

Originally posted by Fishawn View Post
                      lmao now there's a thought.

Originally posted by IrishChef View Post
                      heh. I have had ginger flavored and horseradish vodkas before. Both were good.
                      Interesting,

Originally posted by wntrlnd77 View Post
                      Wow, I never heard of toffee vodka before either, but there's just no way you can go wrong here

that's going to be some tasty stuff!

my suggestion for the rest of the vodka is to go in the opposite direction and make pepper vodka. lots of interesting peppers, and combinations to play with
                      well all the toffee is dissolved this morning and got to say, it's getting there. On reflection the stuff they sell is pretty much always mixed with cream which brings the alcohol content right down and smooths the flavour out.
                      I'll add another couple of toffees first I think :-)

Originally posted by TATONKA3A2 View Post
                      Sounds very interesting!

I got for xmas Marshmallow Vodka that I am going to have to try out soon.
                      Originally posted by TasunkaWitko View Post
                      now that sounds good ~ maybe find a way to do a TOASTED marshmallow vodka.....
                      You know what I was thinking about adding some vanilla essence or (if I can find it) some toffee flavouring. But a I reckon a couple of toasted marshmallows dropped in would do just as good a job

As for finding a way - blowtorch+marshmallow=toasted marshmallow :-)
                      Get some of those strong caramel flavours in there with the vanilla and thickening ability of the marshmallow, oh yeah !
                      Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

Blueberry vodka is really good..... I just crush up some blueberries, put them in a mason jar, fill with vodka & cap & you're done..... Wait 9-14 seconds for flavors to meld, then consume

OR, you can let it rest a while also....
                        sigpic

Comment

well I learnt something yesterday: marshmallows do not dissolve in vodka

they pretty much just float around on the top making it look like a bottle of sick.
                          Yeah, sorry about that just couldn't come up with anything else it looks like

But it does now have 8 toffees dissolved in it.

I'll look in the fridge later - there might be some cream left over.
                          Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

Working...
                          X