Lottsa cheese

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lottsa cheese

Now that my Photobucket is squared away I can put up the cheese pics. The first batch was done in my Weber with my home made pellet burner. The smoke was Alder.

I had a little of everything on there, Co-jack, MH pep-jack, havarti bell, horse radish and some other odds and ends.

The second batch was once again done on the Weber but I got a little more creative this time.

I did a MH monteray jack and then used some Tastefully Simple Bacon Bacon and pressed it into some mild ched. They both turned out fantastic. The sun dried tomato and basil string cheese was a hit as well. Lastly was the mother load.

Mitch and I decided to do a batch that would be ready for Christmas. Once dad found out we were lighting everything up he went to the store to buy some cheese for himself to throw in. He came back with 21 blocks of assorted cheeses and had us do it all. "It was on sale, I couldn't pass it up." This batch had a couple more of the bacon pressed blocks and more of the MH, we also threw in one block of jack that we pressed with Tastefully Simple Garlic Garlic. It was awsome. Needless to say, once it was smoked and packaged we had plenty to give away and eat for the holidays and even managed to have plenty left over for ourselves.

wow, that's a treasure trove of cheese!

great post! i really like your home made pellet burner

i like the idea of smashing in some bacon, too. dang, i know that's gonna be SOOOO tasty!
    sigpic

Comment

Beautiful cheeses sir! Woohoo!

Comment

Nice work!! Just ordering the AMPS today so should be doing some cheese very soon!
        Don

Humphrey's Pint
        Weber Smokey Mountain 18.5"
        Weber Performer (Black Top, Stainless Steel Table Edition circa 2005)
        Blackstone Professional Series 36" Griddle
        Weber Spirit SP-310 Gas Grill
        Anova One Sous Vide
        AMPS
        Purple Thermapen
        Maverick ET-733
        DigIQ DX2
        Misfit #1674

sigpic

Comment

Working...
        X