Fish Tacos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fish Tacos

We did some fish tacos last night which is one of the three favorites for my kids. So, I figured I'd just post it up for the library in the event anyone is looking for a recipe.

I use Orange Roughy for the fish. I put on a coat of EVOO and then some fish rub with an orange based taste to it. It's a lean, buttery fish so it works best on the grill. The prep:

I grill it covered at 400 degrees, 5 minutes each side. Then, flake it for the tacos:

Did some prep for the fixins, onions, diced fresh jalapenos with some cillantro mixed in, shrederd sharp cheddar and some salsa. Some fresh Guac would also be good but we missed that step unfortunately. We also use shredded lettuce every so often but the kids like them better without.

I put a little bit of refried beans on the corn tortilla as well. Then, dinner is served with some mexican rice to boot. It's a fast and very good meal for what it's worth:

Pete
    Large BGE
    Char Broil Tru-Infrared Commercial series

those look awfull good!!! never thought of fish in a taco but might have to give that a shot!!!
    Charbroil SFB
    GOSM
    MES
    Dutch Ovens and other CI
    Little Chief, Big Chief, No Name water smoker
    Weber 22" gold, Smokey Joe, WSM 22"

Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head

sigpic

Comment

I love fish taco's!! Thanks for your take on them. Think I'll give it a try next weekend.

Comment

They look great. I gota try this. Thanks and the Q-shots, O i mean fish-shots are really good to.
        Bill
        sigpic"Nothing could be finer than to live in Caroilna"

"Pessimism never won any battle"

"PROUD TO BE AN AMERICAN"
        "PROUD TO BE A VETERAN"

Comment

Thanks guys. One thing I failed to mention as well as do in for this meal, fry the corn tortillas in some EVVO or peanut oil. Just lightly coat them and put them in a skillet on medium heat for a bit. Just make sure they don't get firm and or crunchy. Then, just blot them with paper towels.

Some lime juice is a nice touch as well but this RoTel salsa has lime juice in it.
          Pete
          Large BGE
          Char Broil Tru-Infrared Commercial series

Comment

Nice dish!!!!!! You should enter this in the May contest. Oh wait, never mind, you will probably beat me.

Comment

Pete, they look fantastic! I'll give orange roughy a try...thanks!
              jeanie

http://cowgirlscountry.blogspot.com/

Comment

Fantastic TACOS!! Eraine you need to come south some and get ya some fish tacos.
                SCOTT

Comment

Excellent work! Been a while since I made some fish tacos. Might just have to do so this weekend.
                  "I'm the 82nd Airborne, and this is as far as the bastards are going."
                  PFC Martin, 325th Glider Infantry Regiment, Battle of the Buldge

Comment

Great lookin plated pic Pete....they look awesome!!
                    Gene

sigpic

The Farm...
                    http://gardenofeatn-rhf.blogspot.com/

Comment

nice job Abel. Those are some good looking tacos.
                      Custom Reverse Flow Smoker, WSM 22", Blackstone Griddle 36"

Comment

Like to go to a local Mexican restaurant where the owner tried for awhile to get me to try fish tacos. Didn't even sound good....finally I tried them and they are now the dish I eat everytime I go there. I like finely shredded cabbage and lots of lime juice on mine.....very good!! thanks for the pics!
                        www.nopigleftbehind.com
                        -----------------------------

Comment

Those taco's look great fishing season is just to start here i cant wait to try these out halibut season open next Thursday if the weather permits i will be out there trying to catch one

Happyness is a full smoker

Comment

Maybe I need to try some bass or crappie fish tacos
                            Last edited by Cajunsmoke13; 05-17-2009, 09:05 PM.
                            Custom Reverse Flow Smoker, WSM 22", Blackstone Griddle 36"

Comment

Those look good, to bad no one in my house will eat fish. Maybe I'll make some for lunch for myself.

Comment

Working...
                              X