My New Used First Stick Burner!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My New Used First Stick Burner!

Just wanted to drop a thread to show off my first stick burner. I've been watchin Craigslist for 4 months and finally this thing pops up. I was planning on building one this summer but I may just modify this one to my liking. It is 20" deep and 40" long not including the firebox. I beleive this model is the longhorn. It is 3/16th metal and overall in very good shape. If any of you have any mods.... point me in the right direction. I'm sure of a baffle plate and I have an idea to put a false wall on the end with the exhaust and put the actual inside intake for the exhaust at grill level and all the way across the end. Can't wait to fire her up.

sigpic

looks GREAT dude..............nice score.........lets see some Q offa that bad boy !

let us not cry because we lost someone, but let us smile because we enjoyed their company for what time was allowed us!

Comment

pig you got yourself a good smoker...thats a oklahoma joe longhorn,,i have one and texas hunter has one as well...i really havent done any modding to mine but th has ..he probably chime on here and let you know what he did to his..about the only thing you can do is a baffle ( heat plate ) charcoal basket , and bring the inside exhaust down to grate level....good deal..what did you pay...i bought on craiglist for $200 last summer
      heres mine
      Mike
      Oklahoma City
      22.5 Generic (gettin ready to be dismantle for the Drum) Kettle Grill
      Weber 22.5 Performer
      GOSM 3405gw
      Boomer Sooner Drum
      Maverick ET-732
      Various Cast Iron Skillets and Dutch Ovens
      A-MAZE-N 6X6 Smoker

Comment

Originally posted by doctor phreak View Post
        pig you got yourself a good smoker...thats a oklahoma joe longhorn,,i have one and texas hunter has one as well...i really havent done any modding to mine but th has ..he probably chime on here and let you know what he did to his..about the only thing you can do is a baffle ( heat plate ) charcoal basket , and bring the inside exhaust down to grate level....good deal..what did you pay...i bought on craiglist for $200 last summer
        heres mine
        That's what I gave for this one. 200 bucks. I got three grates with it... I can't get any of them to fit in the firebox. I figured it was meant for direct grilling but I could be wrong. I got three grates that fit the shelving inside and one for the bottom of the charcoal/firebox. The therm is shot but I use a maverick ET-73 anyway.
        I'm lookin forward to firin this bad boy up.
        sigpic

Comment

Nice find Pig looks to be a well made smoker.

But I think I like that old pickup in the back ground even better.
          Steve

Comment

Wish I could find a deal like that here in the Great White North!!!

Comment

Seems in pretty good shape! Nice find... You might get away with small sticks in that. Just beware of the ash buildup when figgering out a firebox grating for one thing.
              In God I trust- All others pay cash...
              Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
              Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Ya bud! Nice score. You will have years of enjoyment with that bad boy!
                Can't wait to see some Grub 'n rub On that there Que.
                Ryan

I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
                Clint Eastwood

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X