Good article on starting a garden

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good article on starting a garden

Pretty good article on starting a garden for anyone new or those of us looking for new info, especially raised beds and compost piles.

http://www.backwoodshome.com/articles2/clay117.html
    sigpic

Good read David... That would help a novice greatly... I have seen the seed packets and veggies flying off the shelves this year.. More people are growing there own do to the fantastic economy boom were in right now..
    Ken

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

Comment

Hi Ken, it was definitely a long article. Yea, hard to find good high quality seeds around here this year. Doesn't help that one of our country stores closed down over the winter for good. Lots of church's around here have parish gardens and the church pantries are really in big demand this year. They always say it will get worse before it gets better. Not really excited to see what could be worse than it is now. I have a large famly brther sister nephew niece wise. About half of us are laid off right now. It can only get better I think. We are lucky, we have the cattle and chickens plus our garden. My brothers contribute money for my farm, so they all get free meat. Sure would be nice if they came and contributed labor, I need that worse.

Whats new in Texas? Give us some good news. You know, as bad as it is everywhere, Texas and the south coast could really use a nice peaceful non event hurricane season.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by davidmcg View Post
        Hi Ken, it was definitely a long article. Yea, hard to find good high quality seeds around here this year. Doesn't help that one of our country stores closed down over the winter for good. Lots of church's around here have parish gardens and the church pantries are really in big demand this year. They always say it will get worse before it gets better. Not really excited to see what could be worse than it is now. I have a large famly brther sister nephew niece wise. About half of us are laid off right now. It can only get better I think. We are lucky, we have the cattle and chickens plus our garden. My brothers contribute money for my farm, so they all get free meat. Sure would be nice if they came and contributed labor, I need that worse.

Whats new in Texas? Give us some good news. You know, as bad as it is everywhere, Texas and the south coast could really use a nice peaceful non event hurricane season.

The good here is that there is still growth, The amount of ITB's I get each day shows that.. I work in the commercial & industrial side of HVAC, Plumbing, and building controls. So the DFW area seems to be a bit stronger than most other large cities.. We do expect to bottom out around 7.5% unemployment here before it gets better.. I think were around 6.7 now.. The lowest we have hit in the last 10 years is 6.8% and that was in 2003 April - August..

So hope it hits soon so we can get to climbing back up
        Ken

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

Comment

Working...
        X