Masterbuilt model

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Masterbuilt model

Hi looking at getting a Masterbuilt digital smoker does any one knows the difference from the model Lowe's sells 20070511 and model 20070910
    Last edited by AvengerSS; 01-06-2012, 12:46 PM.
    Large Green Egg
    Weber kettle 26.75
    Cajun Grill
    Cold Beer
    MES 30"

I know Masterbuilt makes 2.
    One is standard black box
    One is silver with a window.

The silver also comes in 30" or 40"
    http://masterbuilt.com/prod-smokers-digital-black.html
    http://masterbuilt.com/prod-smokers-digital.html

Comment

I have the black 30 incher, the cheap one. Works like a charm.
      Lang 36 Patio, a few Webers, 2 Eggs, plenty of gadgets and a MES 40 Gen 2.5 electric for bacon and sausage.
      My best asset however is the inspiration from the members on this forum.

sigpic
      @SmokinJim52 on Twitter

Comment

Masterbuilt Stainless Steel 40"
        Weber 22.5" WSM
        Weber Performer W/rotisserie X2
        Weber 22.5" Kettle Silver
        Weber 22.5" Kettle Gold
        Weber 1990 22.5" 3 Wheeler
        Weber 18.5" Kettle
        Weber 18.5" Bud Light Kettle
        Weber Smokey Joe
        GMG Daniel Boone
        Pit Barrel Cooker
        Maverick ET 73 and ET 732
        6X8 A Maze N Smoker and Tube Smoker
        Fastest Themapen on the market BLACK
        The Vortex

Comment

The model at Lowe's the 511 has a meat probe, the 910 on there website doesn't say anything about a probe,,, maybe the 511 is a older model, Lowe's price $149--- Amazon $179 well thanks all for the info
          Large Green Egg
          Weber kettle 26.75
          Cajun Grill
          Cold Beer
          MES 30"

Comment

Cant find it on the lowes website. Sounds like a good deal. Maybe a year end deal.

Comment

I have the 30" MES with the stainless door & window. The best thing about the MES is the digital controls. The meat probe & computer & remote are awesome. Pretty much "set it & forget it". If not for those features I would not own it. The ability to add wood without opening the door is a plus as well. JMHO.
              MES 30"
              A-Maze-N pellet smoker
              Weber 22" kettle
              E-Z-Que rotisserie
              Weber Smokey Joe
              Big Weber Gasser
              Cracker Smoker
              UDS

Comment

I have the 40" with the window. I could do without the window though. I also don't use the probe. I use my own. I recently upgraded the wood chip box and like the bigger one. Be sure and do that, it's free.

Comment

Originally posted by Squirrel View Post
                  I have the 40" with the window. I could do without the window though. I also don't use the probe. I use my own. I recently upgraded the wood chip box and like the bigger one. Be sure and do that, it's free.

I ended up emailing them with my model and serial #'s, with the same problem with smoke under 180 and this is what they said..

Thank you for contacting us. Please try the steps below to correct the issue. Happy holidays!

Step 1: Preheat unit to 275 degrees
                  Step 2: Load food and chips
                  Step 3: Allow unit to cycle and smoke thru chips (approximately 30-40 minutes)

Step 4: Add more chips as desired and repeat step 3

Step 5: Lower Temperature to 200-225 degrees for remainder of cooking time.

Maybe my question was too hard for them?
                  MES SS
                  Weber Kettle Gold 22.5"
                  Weber Genesis
                  Green Mountain Daniel Boone

Comment

Originally posted by Squirrel View Post
                    I have the 40".
                    You wish...
                    --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
                    www.OwensBBQ.com

Comment

Originally posted by Mossy View Post
                      I ended up emailing them with my model and serial #'s, with the same problem with smoke under 180 and this is what they said..

Thank you for contacting us. Please try the steps below to correct the issue. Happy holidays!

There's a thread on here that has the phone number, I tried to do a search for it, but no luck. Hopefully someone will chime in with the number. I called and gave her some info, I think model or serial number from the back of the unit. A few weeks later I got it, installed it, and love it! I'll keep looking for that phone number for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Mossy View Post

There's a thread on here that has the phone number, I tried to do a search for it, but no luck. Hopefully someone will chime in with the number. I called and gave her some info, I think model or serial number from the back of the unit. A few weeks later I got it, installed it, and love it! I'll keep looking for that phone number for you.

Originally posted by MossyMO View Post
                        You wish...
                        Heheheheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. Um, no, no I do not.

Comment

I just picked up a MES at my Lowe's today, what a deal!!!

I got the 20070511 model not sure if it helps with the difference with the 20070510 model, bit the 11 has the temp probe. Also it looks like it has the retro fitted smoke box already installed as I compared to what the different boxes look like on the video in the MasterBuilt web site. BTW the number is 1.800.489.1581. you will need your model and serial number to get the free retrofit kit.

Anyway the deal I got, watched it go on clearance a few weeks ago from normal of $179 to $149, started doing research here and else where, decided to go make the buy today. Clearance further marked down to $129, then got the display model for another 10% off. Plus had a $75 in gift cards.

I bought 4 bags of chips, a heavy gauge extension cord and the MES and walked out with only putting $53 on the card.

Already broke it in with the 3 hour burn-in.

Tomorrow, experimenting time. Top to bottom

Rack 1 - Macaroni and Cheese with Gouda, Havarti and sharp Cheddar
                          Rack 2 - Garlic powder, whole peppercorns and Paprika
                          Rack 3 - Asparagus and Mushrooms
                          Rack 4 - Pork loins that have been brineing since late afternoon today.

Comment

I bought one when they first came out in 40" in 2007 and went though 2 of them.

I mean Masterbuilt was nice enough and sent me another free of charge but I always seemed to have electrical issues. Also, if you ever take them apart (I have. Drilling out 40 or so rivets will open the back) the wiring is minimal. I am no electrician, but the size wires it uses has to be the bare minimum for the amount of amps it drives. Wiring connections were horrible and through continued use I had corrosion issues. This year the damn thing electrocuted me and I pitched it.

I would say I got my $200 out of it and goodness knows how many 100's of pounds of pig went though that thing but, I could not bring myself to buy another one.

My .02 cents
                            Smokin-it Model #3 (new)
                            Masterbuilt Smoker (retired)
                            Charbroil Infrared TEC grill
                            My Food and Fun blog

Comment

Originally posted by Debian Dog View Post
                              I bought one when they first came out in 40" in 2007 and went though 2 of them.

I mean Masterbuilt was nice enough and sent me another free of charge but I always seemed to have electrical issues. Also, if you ever take them apart (I have. Drilling out 40 or so rivets will open the back) the wiring is minimal. I am no electrician, but the size wires it uses has to be the bare minimum for the amount of amps it drives. Wiring connections were horrible and through continued use I had corrosion issues. This year the damn thing electrocuted me and I pitched it.

I would say I got my $200 out of it and goodness knows how many 100's of pounds of pig went though that thing but, I could not bring myself to buy another one.

My .02 cents
                              you know you could say that almost word for word about the original bradley smokers. Talk about junk electricals. And over here those things are bloody expensive.

So maybe we ought to have a list somewhere of quality electric smokers ?
                              Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
                              Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

Working...
                              X