Kettle pizza question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kettle pizza question

Have a 22.5 Weber kettle and want to pick up the pizza kit that comes with the stone, peal, and the attachment with temp gauge. I thought Weber made it? I've seen some other brands, any thoughts?
    Thanks.
    Lang 36 Patio, a few Webers, 2 Eggs, plenty of gadgets and a MES 40 Gen 2.5 electric for bacon and sausage.
    My best asset however is the inspiration from the members on this forum.

sigpic
    @SmokinJim52 on Twitter

Honestly...Me BIL bought this one awhile back......

http://www.kettlepizza.com/Default.asp

Worked very average.Pizza stone broke after few uses..Hasnt been used in long time...I would suggest a high quality pizza stone like a big green egg type and just use kettle.......That works excellent and what they have been doing now.....Results are excellent for just a hot webber kettle....I can vouch for that.....

Comment

Thanks ALX, that info is exactly what I'm looking for.
      Lang 36 Patio, a few Webers, 2 Eggs, plenty of gadgets and a MES 40 Gen 2.5 electric for bacon and sausage.

sigpic
      @SmokinJim52 on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by SmokinOutBack View Post
        Thanks ALX, that info is exactly what I'm looking for.
        I think me BIL sell you his cheap....we could even meet up at a comp next year and hand deliver it....

I did see a killer design made out of a UDS.....Lotta work though....I think i would make something like Uncle Honkeys wood hearth if i was gonna get that serious....

On the kettle a thin crust and fresh ingredients works great....BIL uses a quality lump and pizza have a nice wood/outdoor flavor....Shoot for around 500 degree with a quality pizza stone has worked real good

Comment

I have one made by Old Stone Oven in one of my Webers. I think you can get them on Amazon.
          I've had mine for at least a year now no problems, works great.
          You can see it in action here
          http://smoked-meat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17173

I set it up on the brick for a different reason, but it turns out it puts the stone up in a higher heat area of the grill - better for pizza!
          Mark
          sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
          Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

Comment

Mine is a Pampered chef & have only used it aboot 5 times on the kettle. It has yet to break, but I hear they are prone to snapping in half, so I retired it.... Chisoxjim had a cool setup where he covered bricks with foil & put them in the kettle.... See if I can dig that up

Here's Chisoxjims thread

http://www.smoked-meat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9199
            Last edited by Fishawn; 01-07-2012, 04:16 PM.
            sigpic

Comment

Could try quarry tiles.

Tom

Comment

Thanks guys, gives me something to think about before I decide on something. Alx, thanks for the offer, and I do intend on coming to a few comps this Summer down your way.

sigpic
                @SmokinJim52 on Twitter

Comment

I think Pandy and TH have the "Old Stne Oven" stones also, if that helps.
                  I also have two in my oven that I've had for several years, again no problems.
                  Mark
                  sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?

Comment

Originally posted by Mark R View Post
                    I think Pandy and TH have the "Old Stne Oven" stones also, if that helps.
                    I also have two in my oven that I've had for several years, again no problems.
                    Thanks Mark. I remember all the great pizzas on here in the Summer, was out today and was looking for one. 65 degrees on Jan 7th in Jersey is unheard of. Appreciate the input.

sigpic
                    @SmokinJim52 on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by SmokinOutBack View Post
                      Thanks Mark. I remember all the great pizzas on here in the Summer, was out today and was looking for one. 65 degrees on Jan 7th in Jersey is unheard of. Appreciate the input.
                      Crap I think we only just made 70° today - mid FL!
                      Mark
                      sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X